Author Topic: Miltown: George Perry FRCSI any info please  (Read 4938 times)

Offline meggylux

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Miltown: George Perry FRCSI any info please
« on: Tuesday 16 June 09 15:28 BST (UK) »
Hi

This is a last chance saloon. Is there anyone who can help me, please.

In both ancestry medical records and Irish Medical Records, there are entries for a George Perry. Miltown. Co. Westmeath c.1858/9.

I have followed all English/Welsh/Scots George Perry medics (or surname variation) but they do not tally with my ancestor, so this George really is my last hope.

Does anyone have any access to records for this area. I note from the website link that a lot of records are as yet unavailable. I have not come across any Irish roots before, so I have no idea where to start.

Thank you. Meggy

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Miltown: George Perry FRCSI any info please
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 16 June 09 15:38 BST (UK) »
Parish Transcripts for Co. Westmeath are available on the IFHF website at www.irish-root.ie - a quick search shows a some Perry & Parry records listed around the right time-frame. The web-site has a list of the various parishes and dates included. The records cost €5 each to view.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline meggylux

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 16 June 09 16:15 BST (UK) »
Thanks Shane will go and have a look now.

meggy

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 16 June 09 16:20 BST (UK) »
The surname Perry crops up in Kilbeggan, Co. Westmeath section of Slater's commercial directory of 1846. The mill owners mentioned in Miltown parish of the town are a John and William Perry..

http://www.failteromhat.com/slater/0374.pdf
 http://www.failteromhat.com/slater/0375.pdf

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline jeany

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 06 April 10 10:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Meggy,
I have found your old post regarding George Perry FRCSI. Ireland.   I think he MAY be an ancestor of my husband.   
My husbands gr.grandfather was George Perry born about 1860 in Ireland, possibly Dublin.  I don't have any siblings for him, but on his marriage certificate dated 5/9/1881 at Waterford, to Sarah Emeline Morton,  his father is George Perry with the profession of a medical doctor.  However, it could be a different person to yours.
Have you found more info on George Perry FRCSI?   Do you know who he married and his children?
Regards Jean.

Offline meggylux

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 27 April 10 20:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Jeany

Thank you for your contact. I have been unable to link my Geoge to George in Ireland. It sounds like your ancestor is a closer match. It was always going to be a long shot.

My George was born circa 1853, reported to have been in S.America. I only have 2 marriage certs that indicate his father was George Perry, a surgeon.

I have found George Perry, Ireland FRCSI, in medical records but have not found any other details, re marriage etc.

Otherwise our George jnrs do not match. My George's 2nd wife died Mar 1881 and he remarried in the August, to my g.grandmother. His 1st wife remains elusive.

I am sorry I cannot help you further, but I hope you can unlock a clue soon.

Meggy

Offline jeany

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 28 April 10 09:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Meggy,

Thanks for your reply.   It was a long shot, but worth a try.

Regards Jean.