Author Topic: wood family  (Read 1169 times)

Offline hls

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
wood family
« on: Wednesday 17 June 09 21:41 BST (UK) »
Hi this is my first time so apologies if not quite right. I am trying to get new info on some ancestors to add to my tree and was wondering if any one out there was related. parents Roger wood (leeds) born 1855 wife Mary ann nee Turner born 1852 children elizabeth 1878, samuel 1879 died in WW1, lena 1881, all born in leeds, sarah e 1880, benjamin 1883, grace 1886, ruth 1888, mary 1890, roger 1894 (poss died in war as well) all born stockton on tees
Have the usual info but looking for new leads
Cheers
hls

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
Re: wood family
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 17 June 09 21:48 BST (UK) »
Hello hls,

Welcome to Rootschat  :) 

Are you just looking for living relatives and people researching the same tree, or are you needing help to go further back with your research? 

If going back, you need to say exactly what information you need, and who you're looking for, as 'have the usual info' doesn't really tell us enough for that

Kind regards
Barbara
 :)
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline hls

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 18 June 09 07:42 BST (UK) »
thanks for replying. i'm looking for a bit of both. i have all the info off censuses and know who rogers parents are but not further back. i've been on freebmd and got poss marriages and deaths but would like to share trees to go further back or hear from people who may be related.
thanks again
hls   

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 18 June 09 10:04 BST (UK) »
Perhaps if you put all the earliest information you have for Roger's parents, and say exactly what you need to know, someone will be able to help

Barbara  :)
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline hls

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 18 June 09 17:13 BST (UK) »
Hi this is what i know. Roger's parents were Samuel Wood born about 1804 in Leeds. He married an Elizabeth Hetherington born about 1822 also Leeds. She had a son Samuel born about 1848 before she married Samuel Wood. but no info on his father. I know Samuel and Elizabeth were married in leeds sept quarter 1852. Thats all i've got 
Cheers
hls 

Offline charlotteCH

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy's worth chatting about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 21 June 09 05:13 BST (UK) »
Hullo hls and welcome to rootschat :D

If I read you correctly you should be able to find Sam Wood's father's name by buying Sam's marriage cert. A marriage cert should give names of fathers of both bride and grooom and also their occupations. That would take you a generation back and be sound data-  costs 7 GBP and can be ordered online.

Have you looked at any census  to see Sam & Eliz. family? kids? 1861 would be the first and small children should be with them in ths house.
Just a few starting points and let us know how things are going in your hunt please :D

charlotte

Offline hls

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 21 June 09 11:19 BST (UK) »
Hi i can go forward in the family because Samuel and Elizabeth are my mother in laws great grandparents. i have now also found sons and daughters including My MIL grandfather so thats great. Will take your advice and order mariage cert. MANY THANKS Chat soon
hls 

Offline charlotteCH

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy's worth chatting about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 21 June 09 11:22 BST (UK) »
Good, glad there has been some help here and getting the cert. will set things on the right path.   
When it arrives, let us know what you learn.

charlotte