Author Topic: John STEPHEN Ramsey IOM  (Read 7068 times)

Offline dale1947

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John STEPHEN Ramsey IOM
« on: Thursday 18 June 09 15:41 BST (UK) »
CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIND THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE FOR JOHN STEPHEN BORN IN RAMSEY IOM IN OCT 1883
MANY THANKS

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
Re: JOHN STEPHEN RAMSEY IOM
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 18 June 09 16:28 BST (UK) »
Hello Dale1947

Welcome to Rootschat  :)

I found this birth registration on the Isle of Man Family History Society website click here

STEPHEN, John   6 Oct 1883    Parish: Ram  Page:   139    father: STEPHEN, Thomas    mother:  LACE, Annie Jane

Barbara  :)
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline dale1947

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 19 June 09 11:02 BST (UK) »
MANY THANKS,
JOHN STEPHEN IS  MY GRANDFATHER AND YOU HAVE FOUND THE RIGHT ONE AS THE DATES AND HIS FATHERS NAME ARE CORRECT.YOU HAVE ALSO GIVEN ME HIE MOTHERS MAIDEN NAME WHICH WILL HELP NO END

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 19 June 09 11:40 BST (UK) »
Hi,

You're welcome, hopefully you will be able to find his parents' marriage and get further back.

If you need any further help, just ask

Barbara  :)
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline dale1947

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 20 July 09 14:50 BST (UK) »
I am still at it, been doing the easier side of the family who are all in England I will call on you again if I may
Thanks

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: John STEPHEN Ramsey IOM
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 23 July 09 21:37 BST (UK) »
you might like to consider:
patk steven + ann sayle -> patk + jane brew -> john + jane lace -> thomas stephen (wife ann lace born england)

about 3 possibilities for jane lace (28 born ramsey in 1851, 40 born lezayre (part of North Ramsey is in Lezayre) in 1861, 59 born ramsey in 1881
it may be worth looking at Jane d/o Wm lace + jane Douglas - in IGI two bapts exactly 2 yrs apart which looks wrong and there is no burial of the 1st jane - the 1822 bapt in ramsey fits well esp as Wm was a mariner

try http://www.isle-of-man.com/cgi-bin/interests/genealogy/bulletin/index.pl?noframes as Sue on that board has a full transcript of Maughold registers etc
any thing with a Manx Connection

Offline dale1947

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 27 July 09 07:39 BST (UK) »
LOOKING AT THE ENGLISH CENSUS I THINK IT IS IT ANNIE LACE WHO WAS BORN IN ENGLAND

Offline Stick60

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 09 October 09 13:11 BST (UK) »
Hello Dale,

The John Stephen you refer to was my Great Uncle, Jack we called him. I don't have a birth certificate but do have a photo of him and Lottie taken in 1961 at Windermere on their Golden Wedding anniversary. I should imagine you have a copy of this.

I have been doing a bit of digging into the Stephen family tree and came across a Jim Smith in Canada who has quite a good collection of family trees and was related to Thomas Stephen of Ramsey, your and my great grandad. The Stephen side of the trees goes back to 1639 in Jurby, but the name appears to have been Steane until the early 1700s.

As an aside, I stayed with Jack in Salford in the late 60s while attending my maternal gran's funeral in Warrington. He had a fog horn inscribed "I LACE RAMSEY IOM 1815". I take it the I was a crude J. Don't know what happened to it.

I'd be interested to here from you.

Regards,

John Stephen,

Stick 60

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 09 October 09 20:44 BST (UK) »
stean, steon etc are all quite common Manx variants on the name now usually englished as Stephen
any thing with a Manx Connection