Author Topic: Mary Alice Williams in Nanaimo?  (Read 11179 times)

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Alice Williams in Nanaimo?
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 25 June 09 04:57 BST (UK) »
http://www.cvfamilyhistory.org/bmd/1895-1932.pdf
A link to notices that were in the local papers.  The marriage of Mary Ann Williams to George Raga
is noted and there is no father - just the daughter of M. Williams.  Perhaps the newspaper or library could check the details for you.  Sisters might be mentioned.

http://search.bcarchives.gov.bc.ca/sn-275EA3C/query/Marriages/find-adv%2B%20givennames%3D(george)%20AND%20place%3D(cumberland)%20AND%20surname%3D(raga)%20%2B%2B%2B%2B
is the link to the marriage at BC Vital Index.  There are other potential  marriages that can be found for Williams girls if you put in Cumberland as a qualifying location.  Perhaps someone could check out these possibilities for you as well.

Debbie

Offline Clio

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 12 July 09 18:36 BST (UK) »
Thanks to all concerned for the amazing help I've received with this family. I now know that Mary Alice's husband Thomas and  2 or possibly 3 of his brothers went to Canada - I've found them all  in the Cumberland cemetery however I can't find 1 of them on the passenger lists and wondered if anyone has any ideas where I can look next.

Thomas Edward Williams and wife Mary Alice - all OK  -  Jacqui posted links to original passenger list pages

John Samuel Williams 31 May 1907 Virginian 005-004 T-490 - how do I get to original page?

Cadwaladr Williams 14 August 1925 Montcalm RG76  1925 volume 10 T -14718 - I'm hoping the original page will show his wife Lily May and any children and maybe another brother who I can't  trace

Herbert Pryce Williams born 1895 Wrexham, Wales  - found him in 1911 Wales census

Also where do I find the UK incoming passenger lists as I believe at least 2 of them went home to visit - I'd like to know when. I've tried Google but just go around in circles!

Any guidance will be much appreciated
Thanks
researching Simmons & Griffin in Hastings, Matthias in Denbighshire, Shepherd in London, Jones & Griffiths in North Wales, Thornton & Lamb in Buckley, Williams in Cumberland B.C. Canada and Bursledon Brickworks

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 12 July 09 19:38 BST (UK) »
http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/databases/passenger/001045-130-e.html
Click on search and then input your ship information into the appropriate boxes and once the next screen shows up click on . and then you can flip through the pages of the ships passenger list by using the upper right buttons.

Debbie

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 12 July 09 20:29 BST (UK) »
On the 1925 return on the Montcalm Cadwadadr is alone returning with Lily (29).  He had been in Canada between 1920-1923 on Vancouver Island. 

Is Ernest the brother you are looking for?
On the Melita which arrived Feb 16, 1930 Liverpool to St. Johns New Brunswick is
Ernest Williams (29), single, miner, brother to Cadwaladr who he is travelling with.  Ernest gives his father as his next of kin in the UK and Cadwaladr gives his wife
Lilian Williams (33) of Summerhill.  Beside this is noted "left Canada not widower(?)"

Cadwaladr also seems to have travelled back to England and returned on the Viginian Liverpool to Quebec July 27, 1912.

If no one on this board has access to worldwide ancestry for records of Incoming Passenger Lists to UK you could always post on the main Rooschat site under Immigration and Emigration - Research in Other Countries for help in looking up their return passages.  Did Lily return to Canada or was their a separation?

Debbie

Offline jfremont

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 12 July 09 20:58 BST (UK) »
I will email the three images Debbie found.

John

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 12 July 09 21:35 BST (UK) »
http://www.military-genealogy.com/nameShow?war=1&sid=198194
Is this your Herbert Pryce?

Modify the entry to add:
There is a record of death for Herbert Pryce Williams 1981 at Comox age 59.  Since this would be a birth year of 1922 - would this be a son to one of the Williams you are tracing?

Debbie

Offline jfremont

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 12 July 09 23:18 BST (UK) »
Also a 1957 death for Cadwalader Williams at Cumberland, B.C. Will pick them up from the library.

John

Offline Clio

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 13 July 09 21:20 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much everyone - you've given me a lot to work on. :)
researching Simmons & Griffin in Hastings, Matthias in Denbighshire, Shepherd in London, Jones & Griffiths in North Wales, Thornton & Lamb in Buckley, Williams in Cumberland B.C. Canada and Bursledon Brickworks

Offline tracewil

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 06 April 15 15:29 BST (UK) »
Hi, you may have made great progress since this was posted. Thomas Edward Williams was the brother of my grandfather. This thread certainly gives me a lot to go on! I may be able to help, Herbert Pryce Williams died in action in WW1, as far as I have found he didn't go to Canada. The other brothers were Thomas Edward, John Samuel, Joseph William, James Albert, Cadwaladr and Ernest. The three brothers who stayed in Canada were Thomas, John and Cadwaladr. Joseph and Ernest both went but came back. I'm not sure about James. There were also two sisters Annie and Hannah. If you are still looking and would like the records I can link to them for you.