Author Topic: **Joseph Morrison Kennedy, anyone shed some light plz  (Read 21284 times)

Offline AndrewKen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: **Joseph Morrison Kennedy, anyone shed some light plz
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 28 May 11 00:46 BST (UK) »
Elizabeth Maxwell Kennedy died in 1920 in Larkhall. Joseph Morrison was born 15th Nov 1884 and as you say died in Michegan in 1960. The first John Maxwell Kennedy was born and died in 1886. The second child with the same name was born in1889 ( he was actually the next male to be born, so guessing he was named after the one that died, which seems to be a thing in the family). Unfortunately he died in 1915 in New Zealand, so the name was a bit ill fated. My grandfather Crawford named one of his children Maxwell, I guess using the middle name. I'm Andrew Crawford - so have my grandfathers first name as my middle name. Not sure that my father would have known about Andrew Kyle for me to be called after him. My son is the latest in the line of James Kennedys, named after my father.

Offline AndrewKen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 28 May 11 00:58 BST (UK) »
By the way for John Miller, and his wife Shirley - there are still family in Larkhall but I have not been able to trace them as yet. I've been to the churchyard and found a number of graves and made a note of them but not pieced together where they might fit in the family tree. I have an uncle Robert, grandson to John Alexander (and remembers him very well in his top hat!) in Kilbirnie who lost his wife earlier this year and is now very frail. I also have a number of cousins in Kilbirnie and Beith. I've traced the original family back to somewhere near Maybole. Culzean castle (a must see) is the ancestral home of the Kennedy clan, right on the coast near Maybole. There is a place in the southern part of Scotland called Kennedy castle - but I've not found any ties with the area and there doesn't seem to be much there.

Offline elderone1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 07 September 11 04:18 BST (UK) »
Hi AndrewKen,
Cousin John & Shirley Miller have returned from their adventure in Scotland, but I have not yet caught up on the details. I found out that the Miller side of the family came from Beith and have relatives still living there.
We had a Kelly_Miller family reunion August 25th-27th at Fintry Provincial Park, B.C. If the attachment works, you will see a scanned copy of the original marriage certificate of my Grandparents David Kelly and Elizabeth Jane Kennedy, matching the document you posted this spring.
My daughter (CanuckMom) is developing a family website http://kellyconnections.webplus.net/  which you may find of interest, and for which we look for contributions. The question is of course how much should be publicly accessible, and how much should be securely private. Public increases the likelihood of getting some fresh new information.
My premier search is for information on the burial place of my Grandfather, David Kelly, who died in Larkhall in 1926. Our family has not been able to trace anything. He was a WW1 veteran, apparently in the Army or the early Army Air Corp. Grandma came to Canada in 1929 with a land grant under the Veterans' Settlement Act. Relevant WW1 records were probably transferred to London and lost during WW2 devestations.
Hope we get to the U.K. in the next year or two to make our own search!!!!

Offline AndrewKen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 07 September 11 20:22 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that. I have been to the cemetary in Larkhall looking for James Alexander and any other relatives. I didn't have much success, but will hopefully be trying again during the next year. Apologies, i still haven't updated the family tree, I now have the software so thats stage 1! I will be in touch when i have any news.

Regards

Andrew Kennedy

Offline AndrewKen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 18 December 11 19:32 GMT (UK) »
Finally managed to update the family tree! Hopefully with most of the basic Kelly info as well. I've tried to put on the most recent births/deaths on the Kennedy side. Let me know if you have any trouble in reading the file - it's GED format, there are others i can export it to.

Happy Christmas to you all.

Regards

Andrew Kennedy

Offline elderone1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 29 December 11 21:44 GMT (UK) »
This is a test.

My replies on this subject do not get sent.

I just finished successfully replying and posting to a different forum page on rootschat.

Results?

Offline elderone1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 29 December 11 21:48 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the Gedcom which I merged on Family Tree Maker 2011.

This is my fifth reply to your Dec. 18 posting, previously with Merry Christmas wishes. I'll see if this posts before sending again, as one of my replies was my first attempt at using PMessage.

Offline elderone1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 01 January 12 20:50 GMT (UK) »
@Andrewken. Do you have this photo? It is John Alexander Kennedy and Elizabeth (Maxwell), my great grandparents.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 04 March 12 10:10 GMT (UK) »
Here's a link to a new thread on ANTRIM board for this Kennedy family-
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=585233.new#new
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!