Author Topic: Palin Liverpool  (Read 9048 times)

Offline FranBB

• RootsChat Extra
  • Super hero in disguise.
    • View Profile
Re: Palin Liverpool
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 21 June 09 23:07 BST (UK) »
Yes I have that thank you  :D
The other brothers and sisters I have of William Herbert were born before the marriage to Sarah Dodd in 1898 so maybe he was married before........... ahah!

LOL I am going to have to dig harder.

Thankyou so much again.  :D

These tricky ancestors.......
Palin- Liverpool & Hawarden
Evans - Hawarden Ellesmere Port
Law- Wolverhampton, Saltney & Chester
Meredith - Newport Pagnell, Rugby & Daventry
Tomalin- Rugby & Daventry
Hadley-Swynnerton & Milwich
Knight - Millwich & Biddulph
Fry
Barclay
Gurney
Hall - Milwich & Fradswell & Grindon Stafforshire
Handley-Milwich
Sherratt-Leigh
Hurdman-
Shemilt - Milwich

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 21 June 09 23:16 BST (UK) »
The other brothers and sisters I have of William Herbert were born before the marriage to Sarah Dodd in 1898 so maybe he was married before

There is only one feasible marriage between a Sarah Dodd and a Palin and that is the one I showed above. 

If his mother was Sarah Dodd then his father must be William Anthony Palin.  if he had a brother George as well then they must be the family I showed above on the 1901 census.

Rosa was born after 1901 and this could be "Maud"

Births Sep 1901
Lucy Maud Palin  West Derby  8b 644

The only other Dodd/Palin marriage was in 1845 so is clearly not in the running

The 1901 census entry I showed above is the couple who married in 1897 and who are the parents of William Herbert

Yes I have that thank you

If you have a copy of the Evans/Palin 1922 marriage cert - who was William Herberts father on it and what was his occupation
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 21 June 09 23:24 BST (UK) »
The 1911 census shows George Craven Palin and Lucy Maud Palin in Cheshire - not Lancashire
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline FranBB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 21 June 09 23:31 BST (UK) »
Yes I have that thank you

If you have a copy of the Evans/Palin 1922 marriage cert - who was William Herberts father on it and what was his occupation

Oh no I meant I had the definate dates and place for that marriage, sorry!  :-[

I dont actually know that Sarah Dodd is the mother, only that the maiden name was Dodd.  I don't know the first names of either of the GGG Grandparents, so it's all a shot in the dark but it does sound like them.

Sorry for being dim, been a long day with my twins ;D and I found 21 'Laws' who are definately my family.

Thankyou, you are so much quicker than me at the mo. Am trying to find all four sets of G Grandparents families!

Fran
Fry
Barclay
Gurney
Handley-Milwich
Sherratt-Leigh
Hurdman-
Shemilt - Milwich

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 22 June 09 12:51 BST (UK) »
The 1911 census shows George Craven Palin and Lucy Maud Palin in Cheshire - not Lancashire

Hawarden is only just over the border from Cheshire, so they may have been visiting family.
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.

Offline Maggie1895

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 02 July 09 21:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Fran,
I know your posting is a while ago but I just spotted it.
I'm building someone's tree,  and discovered his grandmother was May Palin, born in Bootle in 1892, and the Palins are a very big family as far as I can tell.
I've got May's line back to a family in Northwich in Cheshire in the early 1800s, and there seems to have been a general move from Cheshire to the Liverpool area during that century.   
I found them quite hard to track because there were so many, and it was hard to separate two different branches at one time.
Having looked at the people you are looking for it is a different branch, but if any of this crosses over with the family you are searching, let me know.
Maggie
Census information Crown Copywright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk / National Archives of Scotland

Offline smarlow

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 13 July 09 03:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Fran,

So now you have me confused as well.  I have William Anthony Palin and Sarah Ellen in my family tree as well.  I also was led to believe that William Herbert had died in Seaforth, Ontario as well.

But I can not find the proof to substantiate this.  And now you say he died in England?

I would love to know what you have.  My tree is a work in progress - please feel free to check it out and let me know if everything else agrees.
My tree can be found at http://palinfamily.tribalpages.com/

Thanks,
Susan

Offline FranBB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 09 September 09 01:32 BST (UK) »
I am still no closerto finding the right Palins  ::) There were a huge amount of them and such a small area too that it's almost impossible. I am hoping that the marriage cert will help a bit.
I have found out that his parents had a sweet/paper shop in Hoole?Is that right? Am relying on my Grandmother for little bits of information!

Fran x
Fry
Barclay
Gurney
Handley-Milwich
Sherratt-Leigh
Hurdman-
Shemilt - Milwich

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 09 September 09 12:10 BST (UK) »
I think that Rosa's birth certificate would be worth the investment. You know that she is YOUR relative, and it will give the right parents' names. Then you can decide which of these William Herberts to follow.
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.