Author Topic: Hughes & Parry in Llangollen  (Read 6961 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hughes & Parry in Llangollen
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 10 May 06 00:32 BST (UK) »
I trust Pam you don't mind me adding my Parry info to this thread,for I believe I have made a slight breakthrough in my hunt for the Parents etc of my Ann Parry.After her Marriage to John Gabriel at Llangollen in 1821,the couple moved eventually to Cefn Mawr,where I was sent some time ago,some info concerning the Baptism of their son Thomas in 1831.It stated that Ann Parry was the daughter of Henry and Margaret Parry.Which leads me to this afternoon in the Rhosymedre Resource centre of Clwyd FHS,where I was looking through the 1851 Census for Cefn Mawr.I found;  Margaret Parry Widow born in Merionethshire in c 1776.
Henry Parry Son born in Ruabon in c 1818.
Sarah Parry Daughter born in Ruabon in c 1821.
John Parry Grandson born in Ruabon in c 1845.
I strongly believe that this could be Margaret who is the Mother of my Ann Parry.I had to leave before I could search for possible Baptisms for Henry,Sarah and John,but I will be there again Thursday.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 26 September 06 14:53 BST (UK) »
Although I have still to find a Baptism for my Ann Parry who married John Gabriel at Llangollen in 1821,I have just had news from a contact on Genes Reunited which confirms that her Father was a Henry Parry born in 1764 in Llangollen,the son of Thomas Parry and Elizabeth Williams who married at Llangollen on the 26th of July 1756.Henry Parry married a Margaret Morris at Llangollen in 1796.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 26 September 06 15:01 BST (UK) »
Goodness reading through this thread takes me back to those long, dark, snowy days when I first joined RChat - what happened to the Applebiscuit :o :o :o

William - I have a query:

If you can't find a baptism for your Ann Parry in the records, how did the contact on Genes Reunited know that Henry Parry was Ann's father? What extra evidence was there - a reference on a marriage record or something  ???

You know my views on GR, so I'm always a doubting Thomas where they're concerned.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 26 September 06 15:10 BST (UK) »
The connection my contact has is somewhat complicated,Henry Parry who incidentally had a twin sister Elizabeth,had a brother Evan born in 1761 who first married an Elizabeth Lewis at Llangollen on the 27th of February 1786.The contact is descended from the Lewis family.I have long noted that when Ann Parry married John Gabriel,one of the witnesses was a David Lewis.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Doublecourt

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 05 March 19 23:21 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

i have just discovered the Parrys. I have the same information as you, plus I found Thomas and his brother Jonathan living with their mother Margaret on the same page as Robert and Mary in 1841, Crogen Iddon.. that's as far as I have got. I also thought perhaps Mary was elsewhere on Census day in 1851 as Robert says he is still married..but not managed to identify her.  In one Census, Robert and Mary's son is down as also being born in Shropshire.

I have a baptism for Robert to David Hughes and Mary, possibly Edwards, in St Martin's Salop. I also found a possible baptism for Mary Parry in 1808.. so she would only have been 15 when she married Robert.

I am descended from Robert Hughes bn 1828, son of Robert and Mary. He settled in Froncysyllte.

Offline pimpernel

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 17 May 19 09:04 BST (UK) »
I find a number of my Froncysyllte ancestors have connections to St.Martin's Shropshire, due to the canal system, or the industry surrounding it. In the early 19th Century the canal would have been the highway of it's day, there would have been much movement back and forth.
Oxfordshire: SHAYLER, HERN,
Gloucestershire: MEADOWS, HERBERT,
Worcestershire: GRIFFIN, WOOD,
Denbighshire: WILLIAMS, JAMES, EDWARDS, DAVIES.

Offline Boongie Pam

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Pa is Scottish, Ma is Welsh, Nose is Roamin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 05 August 19 20:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Doublecourt,

I'm descended from Richard Hughes, Robert's younger brother  :)

I don't have much more than I posted 13 years ago  :D but I'm happy to share my notes.

Pam
 ;D
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~

Dumfrieshire: Fallen, Fallon, Carruthers, Scott, Farish, Aitchison, Green, Ryecroft, Thomson, Stewart
Midlothian: Linn/d, Aitken, Martin
North Wales: Robins(on), Hughes, Parry, Jones
Cumberland: Lowther, Young, Steward, Miller
Somerset: Palmer, Cork, Greedy, Clothier

Online intermittently!