Author Topic: Ada Adelaide James 1906 West/East Ham  (Read 1158 times)

Offline post office Kate

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ada Adelaide James 1906 West/East Ham
« on: Wednesday 24 June 09 07:57 BST (UK) »
Hi, can anyone help me please? I am looking for any information regarding Ada Adelaide James. Her mother was Ada Goodwin/Gooding Smith and she may have had a sister called Winnie but I have no details at all about her father other than he must have died before 1912 when Ada married James Waters. Any information would be greatly appreciated.   :)
looking for Goodings and Whaymans of Suffolk, Harpers of Buckinghamshire and Warwickshire, Jacques of Leicestershire and Hudds and Pontings of Gloucestershire

Offline wendy47

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Wonderful Mother & Father
    • View Profile
Re: Ada Adelaide James 1906 West/East Ham
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 24 June 09 10:11 BST (UK) »
Hi post office Kate

Do you not have Ada's wedding certificate? Isn't her father's name on there? Maybe you can work forwards from her father.

Is there no father's name on young Ada's birth cert?

Wendy ;D
VEAL, PRICE, STURGE, HOLDER, BELLET, DREW, TAYLOR, HALES/GOUGH, PRICE, COOK, BURNELL, HOLBIN, MERRY, GUNNING, WOOD, STOCK, GULLOCK, GWILLYM Som/Glos
COTTERELL, NAPPER, NASH, FLEETWOOD, HANDLEY, COLLINS, MEREDITH, HODGES, MESSIDER, SMALLRIDGE, BACHE, ELLSMORE Hfs
NASH, TYLER Warks, Kent
ADMONS Berks
CROWE, REYNOLDS, Suff
KITCHEN Nlk
Abram C[H]ARLSON Sweden/Ldn
COX, WAYLAND, LINE Wilts
STILES, DORTON, GOFFE, BLY Ldn
OSMOND Hants
All UK census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov

Offline Laurina

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 24 June 09 10:45 BST (UK) »
Here's her birth incase you don't have it . . .
Ada Adelaide James
3Q 1906  West Ham  4a  303

I can't find a marriage for Ada to unknown James, but she'd only be about 20 when her daughter Ada was born.

In 1911 Ada and her mother are together in the Census - you need to pay to view. Her mother was born circa 1886

It should tell you more about Ada - maybe she was married before.

Laurina

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline post office Kate

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 24 June 09 18:16 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the information. I have ordered a birth certificate to see if it sheds any light on Mr. James' name.
looking for Goodings and Whaymans of Suffolk, Harpers of Buckinghamshire and Warwickshire, Jacques of Leicestershire and Hudds and Pontings of Gloucestershire

Offline Laurina

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 24 June 09 20:43 BST (UK) »
Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Laurina
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline post office Kate

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 23 July 09 08:19 BST (UK) »
Hello again. I have Ada Adelaide's birth certificate and her father is named as Edward James. There is an Hezekiah Edward James in the area at approximately the right time so he could be her father. There are no records of Ada marrying Edward. Also the trail then runs cold. I can't find any records for marriage or death of Ada even if I use all the possible surnames. I have now found out that Ada's mother was blind from a young age. Does anyone know if she would have received benefits of any kind and if so if I could access the records for this? Many thanks again.