Author Topic: Connon, Rhind  (Read 5645 times)

Offline ann belanger

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Connon, Rhind
« on: Friday 25 February 05 20:14 GMT (UK) »
George Connon married Jane Rhind  on June 29 1848 in Aberdeen. She was born Feb 3 1829. They lived at 216 George St in the 1861 census. With them are Jane's brother Alexander Jr age 24 and her sister Helen age 31. George and Jane had two children on that census - Isabella Rhind Connon and Jemima Connon ages 12 and 10 respectively. Also with them is Margaret Davidson and her two children Margaret and Agnes ages 13 and 11 respectively.

I am tracking the Rhind connection. Alexander Jr, Jane and Helen are the children of Alexander Rhind and Isabella McCombie both of whom died before 1865.

Alexander Jr (b 1837) married Anne McDonald in 1865 and came to Canada about 1869 with his children Jane and Alexander Jr. Anne's parents (Alexander McDonald and Anne McDonald) also came to Canada. I am certain that there were still family actively involved between Canada and Aberdeen in the 1940's and would like to track them down. Alexander Jr may have also had a brother Joh who came to Canada as well.

If anyone has any information about this part of the Rhinds - or the Connon connection - either in Canada or Scotland or the preceding generations, I would like to hear from them.