Author Topic: GELDING/GILDING family of Gamston - COMPLETED  (Read 4315 times)

Offline daisyrose

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: GELDING/GILDING family of Gamston - COMPLETED
« Reply #9 on: Monday 08 February 10 09:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alexander, it seems that we are distantly related! According to my research, Samuel Claytor and Mary Hull are my ancestors also...... I am a descendant of Thomas Clayter, their son, born 1788 in Ratcliffe on Trent. Glad to be in touch!

Have you seen the enigmatic entry (undated) about Samuel Claytor in the parish records of Holme Pierrepont church? I think it is this same Samuel....

Regards, "Daisy"

Offline Alexander.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 08 February 10 17:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Daisy,

I haven't actually had chance to look at the Holme Pierrepont parish records yet, so I'm not sure what you're referring to.  ???

It would be great if we could share info on the Claytors. I don't think I can PM you yet because you haven't made three posts, but as soon as you have I can send you my email address.

Thanks for getting in touch,
Alexander

Offline daisyrose

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 08 February 10 19:12 GMT (UK) »
It would be great to share info on the Claytors, by email. Then I can tell you what I found about Samuel in the parish records housed at Nottingham library! Also about a Claytor family legend that has come down through the generations, that I have been trying to get to the bottom of for many years.

I look forward to being able to email you with same. Thanks for your interest, and thanks for your information so far!

"Daisy"