Author Topic: Edward BUTCHER of Goring???, Suffolk  (Read 5669 times)

Online Alexander.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Edward BUTCHER of Goring???, Suffolk
« Reply #9 on: Friday 03 July 09 04:20 BST (UK) »
No, I don't have the marriage cert, though that would probably be a good thing to get. No doubt his dad's name is John or Edward or something really common, but you never know if it might help. Thanks...Alexander

Online Alexander.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Edward BUTCHER of Goring???, Suffolk
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 31 October 09 23:59 GMT (UK) »
I recently found a little bit more about Edward, but not managed to get anywhere much with it, so I thought I would bring this thread back to life. I do have the marriage cert details now and - how did I guess?! - Edward's father's name was John.

To review:

Edward married Elizabeth Harden on 2 Apr 1848 in St. Marylebone's parish church. He was already a widower so that implies that he had already married. His profession was given as "Clothier", and father's name "John Butcher, Cattle Dealer".

This marriage was nine years after he fathered his wife Elizabeth Harden's first child. This child Edward was born in 1839 in Bethnal Green, London.

So as for a list of professions Edward had, here it goes:
1839 - Gentleman (at son's baptism amazingly though the child was illegitimate, Edward was recorded)
1848 - Clothier (at marriage)
1851 - Warehouseman
1861 - Smith
1865 - Merchant's Clerk (at son's marriage)

So I'm still looking for Edward's baptism (c. 1800), and him in the 1841 census, and also his dad John the Cattle Dealer in any census.

Thanks,
Alexander

ps. I hope this doesn't give anyone as bad a headache as it's giving me!  ::)