Author Topic: McGRATH - NSW  (Read 1243 times)

Offline Aussie Roy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
McGRATH - NSW
« on: Sunday 28 June 09 10:40 BST (UK) »
Being a '10 pound pom' it seems strange that I may be related to a well known cricketer Glenn McGrath. This comes about by my grandmother's great uncles who came to NSW in 1859, namely Thomas Wellby. His daughter Elizabeth Rachel married David Frew and their daughter Elizabeth Rachel married Michael McGrath. Four sons were born before 1900, Michael, James, Thomas and James. Any way I can fill in the gaps ?  Roy

If you are able to assist with details of living persons please respect their privacy by passing on the details using the secure PM system. We cannot go into Glenn's parentage on the public board.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,142443.0.html

Just because someone is in the public eye does not mean we can publish personal details I am afraid. There are unscrupulous people out there.
Allen(Dorset),Barker(Essex), Batham, Burris, Champelovier(London, Clark (Suffolk), Clay (London), Elliott (Wilts), Faith (Sussex), Hawes (London), Heinemann (Germany),  Hussey (Dorset), Mason (London), Myers (Yorks/Lancs), Parker (Yorks), Phillips(Hamps),  Smith,(Wilts) Wingate (Sussex) , Wiseman, Townson Yorks), Want(Wilts) and more

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: McGrath
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 June 09 11:23 BST (UK) »
Have you searched
http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHistory/search.htm

You may be limited by the years the indexes cover.

It may be advisable to remove any reference to living people.  Rootschat policy does not allow the names of living people to be detailed.

Cheers
Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Aussie Roy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: McGrath
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 28 June 09 11:32 BST (UK) »
Thanks cando  Yes, tried that link. Too many McGraths to choose from. Surely the names of living people already in the public domain can be used ?????
Allen(Dorset),Barker(Essex), Batham, Burris, Champelovier(London, Clark (Suffolk), Clay (London), Elliott (Wilts), Faith (Sussex), Hawes (London), Heinemann (Germany),  Hussey (Dorset), Mason (London), Myers (Yorks/Lancs), Parker (Yorks), Phillips(Hamps),  Smith,(Wilts) Wingate (Sussex) , Wiseman, Townson Yorks), Want(Wilts) and more