Author Topic: *COMPLETED* Glancy - 1861 Census Challenge  (Read 5656 times)

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
Re: Glancy - 1861 Census Challenge
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 28 June 09 22:12 BST (UK) »
Much appreciated, thanks.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 28 June 09 22:33 BST (UK) »
Big ask...

have played around on Ancestry Indexes and can see this same family in 1900 minus Patrick senior. Now, looking to see if anyone has them on their tree, I can see one called Quigley Tree by a kathleendestefano_1 which has Glancy entries including at least (haven't gone through all) a Patrick born Ireland 1832 died Philadelphia 1897 (so makes sense for not finding him in 1900 Census Index) and a Mary born Dundee 1866. As I have no current Ancestry membership, I can't contact the person (who looks to have been active on site this month). Could someone with access kindly send them a message directing them to this thread here?

Thanks, in hope.

scotmum

ps

Helen Glancy nee Flinn was my great great grandmother's sister

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

Offline cookies4

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 28 June 09 22:56 BST (UK) »
Done! :)

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 29 June 09 09:44 BST (UK) »
Thank you Nel and Monica. Thanks also to sdbadger and, from memory, ms_j_a (who picked up first on a possible Philadelphia link) from chatterbox.

Contact was made with the lady from the Ancestry tree in my last post by you, Nel, and by sdbadger who was in chatterbox last evening. The lady (who it turns out is in New Jersey) responded by visiting the Rootschat chatterbox late yesterday evening. Thankfully I was still online and we had a lovely 'conversation', discovering that her  great great grandmother was the Helen Glancy from my post, my great great grandmother's sister.We now hope to communicate again by email and share our research.

Well done one and all.

scotmum  ;D

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: *COMPLETED* Glancy - 1861 Census Challenge
« Reply #13 on: Monday 29 June 09 10:06 BST (UK) »
Great result for you  :D

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk