Author Topic: Joseph Emblen - 1807  (Read 1734 times)

Offline Darlene

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Joseph Emblen - 1807
« on: Saturday 26 February 05 00:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I am seeking any information re: Joseph Emblen: b. abt 1807

I believe he was christened on: 30 August 1807 in Uffington, Berkshire, England.

His parents I believe to be: Henry Emblen and Mary Lewis.

He Married: Charlotte Elizabeth Webb (do not no the year but assume abt 1830 in UK?)

His Children: William Edward Francis - Abt 1831, Caroline - Abt 1841, George - Abt 1843 (I think that he had further children who perhaps died before he came to Australia?)

Joseph and his family were Assisted Immigrants to Australia and arrived here in 1857 on the ship Alfred. His age was listed as 48 and his wifes was 44.

His Son William Edward Francis was married at the time and his family were also on the same ship.

I hope that I have made it clear and easy to understand?

Thank you
Condrit - Emblem - Emblen - Evans - Hinton - Hunter - Kefford - McFarlane - Rootsey - Sheridan - Tyler. England, Ireland and Australia

Offline HarryW

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • G Grandfather - Albert Spencer 1861 - 1926
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Emblen - 1807
« Reply #1 on: Monday 28 February 05 17:32 GMT (UK) »
Can't find Henry or any of the others in the 1851 Berkshire census I'm afraid.   For what it is worth, all 22 Emblens listed are in either West Hendred or Ardington (about 9 - 10 miles from Uffington).

:(
Harry
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

My Interests:

Berkshire: Amor, Beard, Creed, Gale, Noakes, Pearmain, Spencer, White, Willis
Cornwall / Devon: Arscott, Coram, Cundy, Eastlake, Minedue, Reeve
Essex: Ager, Garrad, Linsell, Pearmain
Hampshire: Noakes
Norfolk: Fox, Spencer, Wilkins
Northumberland: Ager, Bell, Cundy, Gair, Robinson
Oxfordshire: Allmond, Beard, Burton, Cobb, Creed, Hilsdon, Nichols, Shurville
Wiltshire: Amor
Yorkshire: Bell, Fox

Offline DebbieG

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 28 February 05 18:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Harry - I think I have found them listed as EMBLING in 1851
Henry & Mary are in Eaton Hastings Harry aged 73 born Berks Littleworth Mary aged 75 born Purton Wilts.

However Dalene I think you may be looking at the wrong people because I have also found Joseph EMBLING born 1807/8 in Uffington in 1851 in Stanford in the Vale with his wife Mary aged 35 born Berks Eaton Hastings,  and 5 children Elizabeth 13 Ellen 11 Henry 9 Edwin 6 Louisa 1 - not a Caroline amongst them.

In 1881 I found Mary Embling aged 65 born Eaton Hastings - a widow living on her own in Stanford in the Vale, so she outlived her husband and is still in this country.

I did find a birth registration on Free BMD for a Caroline Mary Emblen March qtr 1841 in Poplar (which is in London) - I would suggest you try a look- up request on the London board for 1851 and try and track her and her family down then

All the best

Debbie
Pay(n)ton, Payton, Pe(a)rton all Oxfordshire and Berkshire - particularly Abingdon

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Darlene

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 28 February 05 22:20 GMT (UK) »
Can't find Henry or any of the others in the 1851 Berkshire census I'm afraid.   For what it is worth, all 22 Emblens listed are in either West Hendred or Ardington (about 9 - 10 miles from Uffington).
 :(
Harry

Thank you so much. I think it is time for me to re-focus and delve a bit deeper into the information I have! Perhaps the old family papers I have are incorrect?
Again Thank you for your time
Condrit - Emblem - Emblen - Evans - Hinton - Hunter - Kefford - McFarlane - Rootsey - Sheridan - Tyler. England, Ireland and Australia

Offline Darlene

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 28 February 05 22:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Harry - I think I have found them listed as EMBLING in 1851
Henry & Mary are in Eaton Hastings Harry aged 73 born Berks Littleworth Mary aged 75 born Purton Wilts.
However Dalene I think you may be looking at the wrong people because I have also found Joseph EMBLING born 1807/8 in Uffington in 1851 in Stanford in the Vale with his wife Mary aged 35 born Berks Eaton Hastings,  and 5 children Elizabeth 13 Ellen 11 Henry 9 Edwin 6 Louisa 1 - not a Caroline amongst them.
In 1881 I found Mary Embling aged 65 born Eaton Hastings - a widow living on her own in Stanford in the Vale, so she outlived her husband and is still in this country.
I did find a birth registration on Free BMD for a Caroline Mary Emblen March qtr 1841 in Poplar (which is in London) - I would suggest you try a look- up request on the London board for 1851 and try and track her and her family down then
All the best
Debbie

Hello Debbie,
Wow, So much!
I am away from home at the moment and so when I return I will double check the information I have as it seems that I may be going down the wrong road?
I will take your advice and post a 1851 look up for Caroline Mary on the London board.
Thank you ever so much for your time and the effort you put in for me.
Darlene