Author Topic: Isaac Burman of Mavis Enderby  (Read 2413 times)

Offline hybridjeff

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Isaac Burman of Mavis Enderby
« on: Wednesday 01 July 09 11:09 BST (UK) »
Was Isaac Burman a guinea pig in cryogenic research?

In my research I have discovered a distant relative - Isaac Burman, a canal labourer, born in 1865 at Mavis Enderby in Lincolnshire.

It is amazing what can be discovered online but often the information raises many ponderous questions. Take, for instance, the Family Search Pedigree Resource File. It reveals that this man was certainly ahead of his time. He was a "toy boy", being 57 years younger than his wife (recorded as Ann White 1808 Hundleby). Probably realising that their days together would be short they must have been the first to make use of emerging frozen embryo technology. Ann's death is recorded as 1st Feb 1889 but why did she die at Boston Union House? Had the scientists (and her husband) abandoned her? Did they flee with the frozen embryos to Derbyshire and, if so, why?

These questions arise because Ann is shown as the mother of both Susan Rebecca Burman in 1893 and Beatrice Ann in 1899, both at Codnor in Derbyshire. If I order their birth certs why do I feel confident that Ann will not be named as their mother? Why cannot I find the registered marriage of George Burman and Ann White?

Conspiracy? Or a case of haphazard research which, sadly, gets copied into someone else's tree and corrupts the accuracy of countless other family trees?

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Isaac Burman of Mavis Enderby
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 July 09 11:26 BST (UK) »
I think it's a conspiracy to baffle you. ;D
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 July 09 11:39 BST (UK) »
Do you know who Olive is/ she marries an Isaac Burman same age as yours and living in Derbyshire.
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 01 July 09 11:58 BST (UK) »
Their children are Susan Rebecca and Beatrice Ann...1901 census.

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 01 July 09 12:43 BST (UK) »
1893 Belper marriage of Isaac Burman and Olive Comins..

Offline hybridjeff

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 01 July 09 13:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Hepburn.

It was my research of the Comins family that led me to discover Isaac. I entered his name on familysearch hoping to find his marriage to Olive but this is where I uncovered he was "married"  to octogenarian Ann White.

I will need to order m cert for Olive and also Susan's birth cert as Susan's birth was registered in first quarter of 1893 but Olive and Isaac's marriage was not registered until the fourth quarter of the same year.

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 01 July 09 14:52 BST (UK) »

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 01 July 09 15:10 BST (UK) »
I can't find Olives birth but,I have her in the Censuses....

Offline ivanidea

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 01 July 09 17:22 BST (UK) »
Are you aware of this tree:

http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=linclinks&id=I010982

Name: Ann White
Birth: 1808 in Spilsby, Lincolnshire, England
Death: AFT 1881
Reference Number: 11029

Marriage 1 Isaac Burman b: 1804 in Hagworthingham Lincolnshire, England
Married: 15 MAY 1828 in Aswardby, Lincolnshire, England

Regards

Ivan

Edit:
PS - Seems to expand upon Hepburn's marriage finding (reply #6) and brings into the equation your Isaac and his father, George.