Author Topic: Cityof Dublin-kind assistance is needed  (Read 8388 times)

Offline DudleyWinchurch

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cityof Dublin-kind assistance is needed
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 07 July 09 08:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Joseph,

I too am researching Dublin, though not Byrnes there, but also researching Byrnes from Avoca for a friend.

The problem here is that 1842 is before civil registration in Ireland.

You would need to know what religion and then St Andrew's would be searchable in Dublin or from an LDS centre if the records are on film. 

I checked the website that the marriage was listed on and there is a list of Byrne births too but none for Laurence and Catherine (nee Moore).  It looks like the site owner has done a pretty thorough search of Dublin.

Sheila
McDonough, Oliver, McLoughlin, O'Brien, Cuthbert, Keegan, Quirk(e), O'Malley, McGuirk (Ireland)
Dudley, Winchurch, Wolverson, Brookes (Black Country)
Concannon, Moore, Markowski (Markesky), Mottram, Lawton (Black Country)

Offline sio59

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 07 July 09 09:34 BST (UK) »
Hello Joe,

Have you looked at this website www.ifhf.brsgenealogy.com

An All Ireland Search with father named Laurence shows a number of Byrne births for Dublin including a 1844 Church Baptism for a Laurence Byrne, Co Dublin-----possibly a son of  Laurence and Catherine.

Not all records for Ireland are on this particular site but you just might be lucky.It is 5 euros to view each record.

Siobhan

BEVAN, Cambridge, New York
CORBETT, DUNNE, WILLINGTON, Tipperary
LYNCH, Tipperary, Dublin, New York
CARROLL, Tipperary,  Limerick
CONNERY,ELLIS,GUERIN,HINCHY,HUMPHRIES,McMAHON,SHEEHY,TAYLOR,WELSH/WALSH,  Limerick
CONLISK, DALY, DAVIN, FLANAGAN,  Kilconla, Galway
BROWN, Tyrone
HANNON, MOORE, TOTTEN,  Antrim
McLERNON /McALERNON, CREANEY, DONNELLY ,  Antrim, Down, Armagh

Offline obbie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • miska moo samoyed and holly hunter cocker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 07 July 09 13:21 BST (UK) »
hi again .
 ive been researching byrne family in dublin also . your in for a long expensive ride if you use dublin north south brs.genealogy.com sites there are tonnes of laurences ( ive two myself ) .
they as a previous poster charge a fiver per document .
the fact that the sites are north and south dublin is somewhat misleading , they dont cover any of the city center where the bulk of the population lived .
you can look at www.dublinheritage.ie free site they have SOME parish records including st andrews where laur and cath married , hopefully .
have a look at amount of laurence byrne and catherine moores born and of course catherine byrne .                                                                                                                    as for siblings , yes it would be unusual for there to be only one child as average family size was 10 .
however what most people forget is the great famine . ireland had a population of around 8 million before the famine ( 1840s to 1850s ) between 1 and 2 million people starved to death . 2 million emigrated to england canada and usa . meanwhile ireland exported a bumper harvest of grain and animals to england to pay english landlords there rent . queen victoria did nothing to help , usa sent ship loads of aid but not enough . after the famine population was 4 million , still  is .
       you can bet this is why laur and cath went to england usually in the hope of saving money to go to america the land of the free , as long as you werent native indian or a slave of course .
i would concentrate on getting catherine byrnes birth records and try gettin laur and catherine moores wedding see if they match up .
 with a name as common as byrne your in for a long haul .

goodluck rob

ps there seems to be two st andrews churchs one prot and one cath                                                                                               
 census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Hanrahan dublin - brock limerick dublin - farrington wicklow dublin - fagan dublin wicklow - mescall clare u.s.a - heron herring wales england

Offline JoWiDaWa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 07 July 09 17:14 BST (UK) »
Dear sio59, I treied to research Laurence Byrne b1844 but the site said my credit card had been refused by the bank and that I had a zero balance.
I contacted the bank of my credit card and found that the search site had made four charges and all had been approved. I still have zero balance. Do yo have any way/assist  assisting me with a possible solution.kind Regards joe

Offline sio59

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 07 July 09 21:37 BST (UK) »
Hello Joe,

Gosh, I've haven't heard of this happening before Joe. All I can suggest  is contact the support team for which there is a link in the FAQ section of the site. Hopefully they will help sort out your credit. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Siobhan
CONNERY,ELLIS,GUERIN,HINCHY,HUMPHRIES,McMAHON,SHEEHY,TAYLOR,WELSH/WALSH,  Limerick
BROWN, Tyrone

Offline JoWiDaWa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 08 July 09 04:30 BST (UK) »
 Hi Siobhan,  All is well in Texas! Problem with bank solved! Problem with
Irish search site solved. Joe   

Offline sio59

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 08 July 09 13:35 BST (UK) »
That's great news Joe-good luck with your search.
Siobhan
BROWN, Tyrone