Author Topic: grave search  (Read 4013 times)

Offline carole oh

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: grave search
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 25 July 09 15:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Charlie, Thank you so much for the info on the O'Hare family , at long last i have managed to  get some info on where the family are buried, the kind people of Newcastle have e-mailed me with all sorts of info, i would be most grateful if you find any further records on the O'Hares you could let me know ,many thanks once again. Best Wishes Caroleoh

Offline Charliebrown9

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 25 July 09 15:49 BST (UK) »

Carole,
           Good to hear that you're making progress - I have info on all the O'Hare children bar those descended from Michael (junior) :-

From what I know - he married Kitty and they had two children - Betty and Edward - Betty died early in life and Edward moved to Barrow in Furness.

Have you any further info ? If so let me know and I will email you - to keep it from public gaze.

Offline carole oh

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 25 July 09 16:07 BST (UK) »
Hello Charlie, Michael O'Hare jun is our line of the family, Michael jun moved to St Helens Merseyside where he married an Elizabeth Kennedy, he had 3 children John ,Edward my husbands Dad and Elizabeth, he is buried in St Helens cemetary. The Edward you referred to could very well be right, as my husbands Dad used to follow the local rugby league team ,and when ever they where iin Barrow use to visit his Uncle Ted, Best Wishes Caroleoh

Offline Charliebrown9

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 25 July 09 16:19 BST (UK) »

That's for the info on that - the Michael (junior) you refer to is Michael who was born in 1884?

I'll just check a few facts - but I was informed he had two children - Betty and Edward so seems to ties up bar no mention of a John.

Offline carole oh

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 25 July 09 16:28 BST (UK) »
Hello Charlie, Michael jun definately had 3 children, Betty did'nt die young she  has only died in last 5 years, must be wrong Michael. Best Wishes caroleoh

Offline Charliebrown9

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 25 July 09 16:40 BST (UK) »

Carole - it must be the same family, everything you refer to is mirrored in our family tree.

However, the Michael(junior) born 1884 - according to my info. never moved from Tyneside and married a Kitty Farrell who died before him.
  They had two children Betty and Edward - just judging on age (assuming 25-30yrs when Michael had children) this would have made Betty roughly 90 in 2004?

Offline carole oh

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 25 July 09 16:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Charlie that really is a puzzle , i have had another person e-mailed me who found the same Michael living at 22, Rochester St Newcastle but it's not our Michael my husbands Grandad died in St helens in 1935. Michael O'Hare was a very common name could easily have been someone else. Best Wishes caroleohP.S our O'Hares lived at 80, Rochester st

Offline Charliebrown9

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 25 July 09 17:25 BST (UK) »

The plot thickens - house numbers tie in - apparently there were at least three houses in the street belonging to the same family.

My father and aunt are certain that Michael never moved - Michael (your husband's grandfather died in 1935 - this Michael was born 1884 - so can your husband remember/know if his grandfather was only 51 when he died?).

Another clue to solving this puzzle - apparently Betty (the daughter of Michael junior) had three daughters (twins and another) and died in the last 5-10 years - any of this ring true?

Offline carole oh

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 25 July 09 19:26 BST (UK) »
Hi CharlieMy husband is certain it's not the same Michael , Betty his daughter did have three daughters but no twins i think that the Michael you have found could be a very close relative of my husbands Grandad but he is not the same person as we see his grave often in St Helens cemetary he was also married here. Best Wishes caroleoh