Author Topic: Thomas Agnew b. 1825 Knockbride parish  (Read 3121 times)

Offline jborch

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas Agnew b. 1825 Knockbride parish
« on: Wednesday 08 July 09 23:41 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I'm looking for information about my ancestor Thomas Agnew, born 1825, lived in Drumamuck Glebe near Bailieboro in Knockbride parish. Died sometime between 1901 and 1911 (was present in the 1901 Irish census, but not in the 1911 census, so I'm making an assumption). His son Patrick (my ancestor) emigrated to the US in 1881.  Thomas Agnew married Anne Carroll and their children were Patrick, Mary Anne, Thomas, Michael, James, John, Bridget, Rose, and Eugene.

I am hoping someone can do a church records lookup on either Thomas Agnew or his wife Anne Carroll so I can figure out who their sets of parents were. I believe they attended St. Brigid's church.

Thank you so much,
Joel

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Agnew b. 1825 Knockbride parish
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 08 July 09 23:49 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat. Index to civil registration shows death for Thomas AGNEW July/Sept.1909 Bailleborough registration district volume 2 page 239 (age 88 years) which puts date of birth c1821.
Death certificates actually contain very little information so your next step is probably to acertain whether or not the likely church es have records as far back as the period you are looking for.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline jborch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 09 July 09 00:01 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much Aghadowey, that is very helpful!

Joel

Offline jborch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 05 August 09 02:45 BST (UK) »
I found the marriage record for my Thomas Agnew and Anne Carroll in the LDS film 0926133. They were married Aug. 11, 1852. The placename in the register is barely legible. I was  wondering if anyone had any idea (please see attached image). It looks like Glass-something, but the closest townland in the Knockbride/Killann/Bailieboro/Kilmore area I could find was Glassdrummond.

Thanks!