Author Topic: Marriage - Patrick Noonan and Margaret Connelly  (Read 12144 times)

Offline shakel

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage - Patrick Noonan and Margaret Connelly
« Reply #36 on: Monday 13 July 09 23:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Lucy,
What a shame - I thought you had her!!
As far as I know - there were no more children born in Galway. The next child - Mary Ann (presumably named after the grandmother) was born in Hobart, Tasmania.
I haven't used the attachment on RootsChat yet - so - here goes, hope it works!!
Let me know if it comes through
Shakel

Offline lucybella

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 14 July 09 11:21 BST (UK) »
Hello Shakel
Congrats on your attachment!
Yes I agree it does look like the name is Kenny.  There is a Kenny family in the area in 1911 census, too, for what it's worth.
If only Margaret's baptism could be located..

I came across an interesting piece about parishes in the 1840's Ireland.  They were famine years, with all the diseases that go along with that.  Parish priests were first in the line of fire for diseases etc, being called to every sickbed, and death.   They themselves, plus the local doctors,  often succumbed to illness, and as a result the people were often obliged to go to neighbouring parishs for their Baptisms and Weddings.  So it's worth bearing in mind if one doesn't find ones ancester in the location expected, look in the next nearest parish!   Just a tip I thought worth mentioning...

I wonder if anyone could advise what Parish index one would look under for St Helen St area in 1847.  St Joseph's Church is there now, but only since 1886.  And if there are records available locally anywhere to view. It would be very helpful in the search if someone could advise.

Lucy

Rodgers/Rogers N Ireland and Australia
Myers  N Ireland
Rose Ann Daly N Ireland
McKissick  N Ireland and Scotland
Susanna Hall  Belfast N Ireland
Heaney and Dargan Co Down N Ireland
Rose Anne Savage Belfast 1904

Offline shakel

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 14 July 09 11:45 BST (UK) »
Thanks Lucy - you've been amazing!!
It's interesting you mention the famine - my gggreatgrandma was one of the last famine orphans to arrive in Australia on the ship "Eliza Caroline" in 1850. She was from Drumanway,Cork. So I have been very interested in the famine - thanks for another perspective - and as you can see, I have a strong link to Ireland - as I guess a lot of Australians do!!
Thanks so much for your help
Shakel