Author Topic: Seeking the connection between three WATTS women  (Read 11186 times)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking the connection between three WATTS women
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 15 July 09 14:35 BST (UK) »

Hi trish,
not sure what you mean here - do you mean Edward J is the one who kept the pub?
This Edward J is the son of Edward and Emma Tye of Hoxne and in 1881(and 1891as you say)  they are living at the Red Lion Inn. Edward J is listed as James in 1881.
1861 RG9; Piece: 1151; Folio: 62; Page: 3 has the family when Edward James in s4 yrs old.

This is not your family- Edward Tye married Emma Weavers in Lambeth in 1853- there does not seem to be a connection to Watts.

What do you think? Is the information you have info from a while ago?
heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline 'Trish'

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 15 July 09 16:22 BST (UK) »
Hi No thought I had been lucky and just found that.  Never mind, however I am muddled (easily done) is Edward Tye who married Emma Weavers my Edward? So Edward James is mine?  regards Trish
Fear, Puddy, Bunn, Hemsbury - Wedmore Somerset.  Watts - Romsey Hants, Frome Somerset, Warminster Wilts & Wokingham Berkshire.  Roberts - Newport, Stone Glos, Austin - Monmouth. Dix or Dicks - Frome. Pugh - Llanbrynmair, Trevithin & Tafolwern

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 15 July 09 16:27 BST (UK) »
No  ;)

As far as I know- you are after Ann Watts who marries Walter Tye - is that right?

They have children - Lizzie (who you refer to with the diary)  and Edward Watts Tye (who marries Mary Amelia Watts from Warminster) (also in diary?) and Ernest James who dies in childhood plus Isaac - not sure if there were any others without checking.

I think you were thinking that Edward J in Hoxne was yours (from the error in names in census).

hope that's ok and clear  ;)
heywood

Offline 'Trish'

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 16 July 09 08:30 BST (UK) »
OK got that,yes your right Ann Watts who married Walter Tye and yes Edward Watts Tye who married Mary Amelia Watts.  So Edward Tye who married Emma Weavers in Lambeth in 1853- was no relation?  And it still doesnt explain why in the 1861 Census for Hadleigh there were two Edwards one being Edward W & the other Edward J.  So if I am thinking right the census was wrong and should have been Edwin J not Edward J?
The Diary was written by James Watts (jnr) daughter Edith Julia Hall nee Watts.  She must of known the 'Watts Tye' family as she writes about them, knowing exactly where in the UK and what jobs they were doing, but doesnt explain their connection only that Anne Tye nee Watts and Rebecca Quick nee Watts were cousins.  I know that James Watts snr was Rebecca's father.  Isnt it strange that Edith Hall refered to her Aunt Rebecca as Grandma Quick, maybe Rebecca liked being called Grandma?
I hope this helps regards Trish
Fear, Puddy, Bunn, Hemsbury - Wedmore Somerset.  Watts - Romsey Hants, Frome Somerset, Warminster Wilts & Wokingham Berkshire.  Roberts - Newport, Stone Glos, Austin - Monmouth. Dix or Dicks - Frome. Pugh - Llanbrynmair, Trevithin & Tafolwern

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 16 July 09 18:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Trish,

you're right as far as I know that Edward Tye, Hoxne (married Weavers) is nothing to do with the Tye Watts family.

It was probably just human error that Ernest J was written as Edward J in census and he died just a couple of years later.

Some women really fit the 'Granny' mould and perhaps Rebecca was one of them.

It would be good if the certificate for the marriage for Walter Tye and Ann Watts was purchased to get Ann's father's name. That may help.

heywood

Offline 'Trish'

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 17 July 09 08:48 BST (UK) »
Ok thanks for all your help regards Pauline