Author Topic: Reynolds births in Edgecote  (Read 4858 times)

Offline shaner13

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Reynolds births in Edgecote
« on: Saturday 11 July 09 23:25 BST (UK) »
Hi

After several months of pursuing a false lead for the births of some of my ancestors (Edgcott,buckinghamshire),i now think they were born in Edgecote,this is due to the family also being based around chipping warden and woodford halse.

I would be very grateful if anyone could provide me with information on the following births;
James Reynolds born 1693
Mary Reynolds born 1695
John Reynolds born 1698

many thanks, Shane

Offline kimberlynn

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Reynolds births in Edgecote
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 November 11 12:37 GMT (UK) »
hi, just spied your post! i too have reynolds ancestors from edgcote but am not back as far as you- can you tell me what reynolds you have and how related we may have a match? regards kim x
sephton/sefton, dutton, cooper, reynolds, hulme, mclean, lewell, austin, gerrard, brown.

Offline shaner13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 November 11 22:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Have many Reynolds,heres a few;
John Reynolds born 1777,born Denford northants,he moved to pertenhall,bedfordshire early 1800s.
My branch then stayed in pertenhall most of that century,before my g g grandfather joseph moved up here to sheffield 1880ish.
A William Reynolds born 1752 in woodford halse,died a pauper in 1804 at Denford.
Ive got a few born around woodford halse and chipping warden,ille find my notes and add them,the only 3 ive found born at edgecote are named in the original post and then the trail goes cold!

shane

Offline kimberlynn

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 15 November 11 20:33 GMT (UK) »
sorry been late with reply, my daughter just came out of hospital, well i have william reynolds b  c1702 edgcott (edgecote)  that's  where i  have got to at the moment , my reynolds were all born at edgcote except  my gg grandfather who was born in banbury as was my g grandfather charles although i read at some point banbury was classed as edgcote? but i just cannot get passed william 1702, i have the marriage but cannot get the birth? perhaps one of your lot is related to william in some way as edgcote was not a big place then and it could help me get back, the only one i found that came close was in wales in montgomeryshire?  but i cannot see that being right somehow, anyhow will await your notes, thank you  kim x
sephton/sefton, dutton, cooper, reynolds, hulme, mclean, lewell, austin, gerrard, brown.

Offline Cyth Raul

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 11 January 12 11:04 GMT (UK) »
Hello ive just noticed your post concerning a William REYNOLDS born c 1702 Edgcote Northamptonshire, is he the same one who married a Sarah LEWIS in Bishop's Itchington Warwickshire on the 18 Dec 1726.

If so, this William is my 6 G grandfather unfortunately im also stuck on where he was born, my present thinking is that his family may have moved from the Bishop's Itchington area to Edgcote Northamptonshire. Which would give a logical reason for why William from Edgcote married a girl from Bishop's Itchington some 10 or so miles away, namely that they families knew each other.

Baptised 11 Dec 1709 Sarah LEWIS's descent can be traced back further through the Bishop's Itchington parish records * to the 1560's. Her earliest ancesters being a Henry HOWSE and Isabell FISHER.

* The family line can be traced via the Church of Latter Day Saints Website using the Warwickshire Parish Registers Collection.

Tantalisingly Isabell FISHER is of the correct age and in the right place to be the sister of Edward FISHER of Bishop's Itchington and so would be the daughter of one Sir Thomas HAWKENS alias FISHER of The Priory Warwick. However at this point, it is only pure speculation on my part. If anyone has a confirmed and provable link please get in touch.

Offline kimberlynn

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 11 January 12 18:17 GMT (UK) »
hello, yes it looks like the same william although i did not know sarah was from bishops itchington, william is my 6 great grandfather too! my mum is a reynolds, so from which line are you from up to william then? kim x

Offline Cyth Raul

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 11 January 12 20:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kim

My REYNOLDS connection begins with my G grandmother Susan Mary Jane REYNOLDS b 1879 Chipping Warden she was married to William WILKINS of Farthinghoe and was the daughter of Jonathan REYNOLDS b 1833 in Chipping Warden. He married Susan WATTS 24 Jan 1867 in Chipping Warden and was the son of William REYNOLDS b 1794 in Chipping Warden. He married a Sarah ROGERS 10 Oct 1814 in Wardington Oxfordshire. This William's father was another William REYNOLDS b 1764 in Edgcote who married Rachel TEW 21 Jan 1788 in Sulgrave Northamptonshire. William was the son of William b 1731 in Edgcote who married Millicent WATERS 14 Oct 1753 Banbury Oxfordshire, who was the son of William b 1702.

Hope that clarifies things.

May I ask your lineage back to William b 1702 since at the moment I don't appear to have you on my extended tree.

Cyth a distant cousin :D

Offline kimberlynn

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 12 January 12 13:51 GMT (UK) »
ok- my mothers  hazel reynolds, daughter of sydney james reynolds born 1903 market bosworth , he was son of charles reynolds born 1871 banbury, he was son of  thomas reynolds born 1839 banbury, he was son of john reynolds born 1809 edgcote, he was son of thomas reynolds born 1760 edgcote, he was son of william reynolds born 1731  and millicent waters  - william was the son of william reynolds born 1702 edgcote and sarah.

so- what i make of it is that your william born 1764 is my thomas,s (born 1760) brother!
if you go on to "my heritage" site i have them all on there wives included- otherwise i will email them to you if you let me have your email address, anyway lovely to meet you !  would love to hear more from you,  your distant cousin kim x

Offline Cyth Raul

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 13 January 12 19:40 GMT (UK) »
Hello again Kim

I had Thomas b 1760 and his son John b 1809 but not any of his decendants.

Thanks for explaining your connection to him and the earlier REYNOLDS. Ill get adding your bunch to my extended tree, if I get stuck ill let you know.  I found your "My Heritage" tree took a sneaky peek so if you see your visitor stats going up it's only me checking the wives names.

Cyth a 6th cousin :D

If you need anything just drop us a personal message on here.

P.s  Also just realised your related to me in another way via a Jonathan HANCOCK and Elizabeth GARRAT from Wardington Oxfordshire ( my 7 G grandparents )  It's a small world.