Author Topic: Reynolds births in Edgecote  (Read 4859 times)

Offline kimberlynn

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Reynolds births in Edgecote
« Reply #9 on: Friday 13 January 12 22:35 GMT (UK) »
ok- i cannot find isabell fisher or edward her brother on lds, how did you get it cyth? i have found her father thomas and read up on him- very interesting. i also cannot get sarah lewis,s parents?  kim
sephton/sefton, dutton, cooper, reynolds, hulme, mclean, lewell, austin, gerrard, brown.

Offline Cyth Raul

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 14 January 12 12:01 GMT (UK) »
The Bishop's Itchington Parish Records started in 1560.

From the records available on the LDS Isabell is known from the following

Her marriage to Henry HOWSE on 15 Dec 1562  Warwickshire Parish Registers 1538- 1900 Collection ( WPR )

Note: Henry has been recorded as a Henry HEWS ( reason unclear ).

But their marriage is also recorded on the LDS England Marriages 1538-1973 Collection where he is recorded as Henry HOWSE.

If you then search the WPR  for HOWSE births in Bishop's Itchington you  should discover the following children.

Edward bap 15 Apr 1567
Katherin bap 29 Jan 1571
Henry bap 22 Nov 1575
Willm bap 26 Jun 1568
Susan bap 15 Mar 1563

The lineage is as follows:-

Susan married Thomas POOLE 24 Apr 1586 Bishop's Itchington

son William POOLE bap 23 Apr 1592 married Joane SMITH 16 Jan 1615 Bishop's Itchington

daughter Sarah POOLE married Joseph LEWIS Snr 12 Aug 1665 Bishop's Itchington

son Joseph LEWIS jnr.

He is recorded as being the father of 4 children bap between 1709 Sarah and 1715 Mary. Unfortunately no mothers name is recorded on the baptism entrys. At present I don't have a name for her.

Hope that explains the link back to Sarah LEWIS.

Apart from the marriage of Isabell the ONLY other FISHER to appear in the Bishop's Itchington Parish Registers in the 1500's is Edward FISHER the son of Thomas. He had 4 children Dorothie 1568, Tho 1570, Katherin 1572 and his heir John 1576.  ( Source WPR from LDS ). No mother's name is given.

From the Visitation of Warwick 1619 ( a free copy is available from archive.org ) pgs 19-20 gives the FISHER family tree and their connection to the HOLTE's. Frustratingly only Edward is recorded being married to a daughter of Sir Rich LONGE.

Edward is recorded as being 30 years of age when he inherited from his father Thomas in 1577 putting his birth at 1547 ish.

Isabell being married in 1562 puts her birth possibly in the late 1530's but more probably the start of the 1540's.

For a little more information on the HOWSE family see "Change and Decay: The Warwickshire Manors of the Bishop of Coventry and Lichfield From the Late Thirteenth to the late Sixteenth Centuries", this is a Phd thesis by Penelope Jane George UPTON ( 2002 ) which is available to download.

As ive said no direct link between Isabell and Edward at present can be found only circumstantial evidence based upon the following

They were both FISHERS of Bishop's Itchington born about the same time.

No other FISHERS were either married, baptised or most importantly buried , which might indicate an earlier FISHER family, during the late 1500's other than those for Isabell and Edward.

From the Phd thesis youll see ( pg 165 ) a little about Henry HOWSE. Unfortunately this could turn out to be Henry's father. ( Will need researching to back this up ) but since this Henry appears to be of some standing in Bishop's Itchington it's plausible for either his son or himself to marry into the newly arrived lords of the Manor of Bishop's Itchington in 1547 namely the FISHER family from Warwick.

This may of course turn out to be pure fantasy. Hence my asking if anyone has more information on them.

Cyth.  ( Apologies for the essay  )  :D

Offline kimberlynn

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 14 January 12 16:56 GMT (UK) »
whew!! that's all took in now cyth!  have looked at most but am now forging ahead and looking at all, thanks so much! will get back to you if anything different, kim xx
sephton/sefton, dutton, cooper, reynolds, hulme, mclean, lewell, austin, gerrard, brown.

Offline John Bird

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 11 December 19 15:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi there Cyth Rauls...

I think you will find my history book of interest as you yourself have contributed to the book itself, please send me a comment as I would like to know what you think of the book as many of my family members lived in BISHOP'S ITCHINGTON and they appear to be members of your family. you can down load my book at   newworldorder2019.blogspot.com
Thanks.