Author Topic: wedding banns forDavid and Isabella mckenzie  (Read 10956 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: wedding banns forDavid and Isabella mckenzie
« Reply #9 on: Friday 17 July 09 18:11 BST (UK) »
Looking at the information so far, would certainly look likely that birth entry for Sarah, daughter of John and Agnes, was the wife of David McKenzie  :)

I can't see an Old Parish Register for their banns/marriage unfortunately but likely this was before 1851 given that likely 1851 entry.

Re deaths, struggling to see them as yet. Not sure which line you are following (John or Alexander) but would be useful to check both their marriage certs to see what they say regarding parents and whether they showed as alive or deceased at the time of their marriages.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline scotia123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 17 July 09 18:20 BST (UK) »
Alex

I've been rubbish regarding finding you anything regarding David McK  :P He's given numerous birth places on the censuses so hard to get a handle on him at present. A lot more on line regarding Sarah's family including:

www.forres-gazette.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/3679/Dunbar_family,_Forres.html
www.geocities.com/Heartland/Trail/5082/Dunbar.html

Monica  :)
once again monica thank you it looks like I,ll have to start on the maternal side of my family as just from your information it seems I may well have relations in new zealand which I never knew about

Alex.

Offline scotia123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 17 July 09 18:48 BST (UK) »
Looking at the information so far, would certainly look likely that birth entry for Sarah, daughter of John and Agnes, was the wife of David McKenzie  :)

I can't see an Old Parish Register for their banns/marriage unfortunately but likely this was before 1851 given that likely 1851 entry.

Re deaths, struggling to see them as yet. Not sure which line you are following (John or Alexander) but would be useful to check both their marriage certs to see what they say regarding parents and whether they showed as alive or deceased at the time of their marriages.

Monica
Hi monica, the line I am following is that of Alexander he married in 1879 in edinburgh his marriage cert does not indicate that his parents were deceased

Alex

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 17 July 09 21:18 BST (UK) »
Was David father still showing as a police constable on his son Alexander's 1879 marriage cert?

Monica

Offline scotia123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 18 July 09 03:00 BST (UK) »
Was David father still showing as a police constable on his son Alexander's 1879 marriage cert?

Monica
it is quite hard to read all the particulars on alexander,s marriage certificate but I don,t think david,s occupation at this time is police constable

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 18 July 09 09:41 BST (UK) »
Hard to make out  :-\ You should contact SP re 'illegible image' on www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/content/contactus/form.aspx?issue=24 and ask them for help in confirming what it says. They are very good on responding to these requests and will normally email back the an enhanced section of the image. Just add the GROS ref for the image as reference.

In the meantime you could also do a new post on the 'deciphering and recognition help' board here on RC to see what people can make of the occupation shown www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/board,425.0.html

Monica

Added: Looking at the image. The entry above Alexander and Bridget. The bride's father, John Hutcheson occupation FARMER. I would say that David McKenzie's occupation/writing looks the same...?!

Offline scotia123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 18 July 09 10:57 BST (UK) »
Hard to make out  :-\ You should contact SP re 'illegible image' on www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/content/contactus/form.aspx?issue=24 and ask them for help in confirming what it says. They are very good on responding to these requests and will normally email back the an enhanced section of the image. Just add the GROS ref for the image as reference.

In the meantime you could also do a new post on the 'deciphering and recognition help' board here on RC to see what people can make of the occupation shown www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/board,425.0.html

Monica

Added: Looking at the image. The entry above Alexander and Bridget. The bride's father, John Hutcheson occupation FARMER. I would say that David McKenzie's occupation/writing looks the same...?!
hi Monica, yes I thought that the occupation was either farmer or farrier I will do as you have suggested as regards the above I am going to a search on scotlandspeople to see if I can find a death certificate for either alexander or john to see what that might reveal as I still no further forward in discoverind David husband of sarah,s origins

alex

Offline scotia123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 22 July 09 10:09 BST (UK) »

Monica

hi Monica, yes I thought that the occupation was either farmer or farrier I will do as you have suggested as regards the above I am going to a search on scotlandspeople to see if I can find a death certificate for either alexander or john to see what that might reveal as I still no further forward in discoverind David husband of sarah,s origins

alex
Hi monica, I,ve now got a more readable version of the marriage cert for alexander and bridget and yes the occupation  of his father (david) is given as farmer still having difficulty as regards david,s death cert have tried numerous searches on scotlands people using different variants and age ranges but as yet with no joy any ideas and suggestions as to how I might narrow down this search would be most appreciated

Alex.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 22 July 09 10:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Alex

I've tried searches as well and no joy  :-\ The search that is normally easier to do is for wives as you can search with both maiden and married surnames....also no joy for Sarah  ???

Nothing on the 1881 census that connect to them either.

Frustrating.

Monica