Author Topic: John ANDERSON  (Read 16351 times)

Offline gemini

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: John ANDERSON
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 11 May 17 08:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Judith
Page 1,2 and 3 has more info that we put up years ago and I thought if I query again someone might notice and have more information.  :D
Cole, Chapman, Palmer, Stenlake, Horn, Lillicrapp, Seccombe, Lindsay, Hatch, Landroth, Pettersson, Candler, Andersson, Bradford

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 11 May 17 08:12 BST (UK) »
I wonder if that is a partial transcription rather than a full transcription of the 1943 dc.  Official transcribers offer partial transcriptions.   Full ones should detail the names of the children and their ages, and the informant's details too.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 11 May 17 08:13 BST (UK) »
Although the marital status has a stroke there rather than married/divorced/widowered.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline muss

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday 12 May 17 00:56 BST (UK) »

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Friday 12 May 17 08:46 BST (UK) »
Here is Grace's obit ... I don't think it has been posted before.
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article144849881

Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline gemini

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Friday 12 May 17 08:55 BST (UK) »
Thank you we have Grace obit. I wonder whoever gave the information about John Anderson being associated with Sir John Monash has him mixed up with John Thomas Noble Anderson. How was John Anderson associated with him what job did he have. I have the info that John Anderson work for Hardys. I'm hitting a brick wall trying to find his shipping record and his parents  and his marriage to Annie Peelman/Norris.
Cole, Chapman, Palmer, Stenlake, Horn, Lillicrapp, Seccombe, Lindsay, Hatch, Landroth, Pettersson, Candler, Andersson, Bradford

Offline gemini

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Friday 12 May 17 08:58 BST (UK) »
According to the death cert it says his father was john anderson and mother katharine oliver we have not found the proof and that he was born in Glasgow.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Friday 12 May 17 12:08 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

On that death certificate, who is the informant, and has the informant provided any names for children of the deceased?  Please don't name them in case they are still living.   Also is it a dc or an official transcription, and if a transcription is it a full one, or a partial one...  Sorry for the questions but the answers may help explain why the newspaper names those two chaps at Junee as his sons ... particularly if one was the informant.   

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=393561.msg2647486#msg2647486  (from 2009, on the Scottish Board)

JM

Offline gemini

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Friday 12 May 17 12:42 BST (UK) »
Hi
I say it had to be a transcription and a partial one. I just got my dad death certificate and it listed us kids his wife and informant etc. I'm researching my husband side.