Author Topic: anderson  (Read 26626 times)

Offline jocalico

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: anderson
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 05 October 11 06:09 BST (UK) »
Would love to have it peto!

Jo

Offline Exaltabit

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 18 October 11 23:37 BST (UK) »
I have just happened upon this site and am fascinated to read the comments re the Whitespunners.
Rev Benjamin Nicholson Whitespunner is my Great Great Grandfather twice over - my grandparents were first cousins , both their mothers were daughters of B N W-S.  Emily Maria Fanny Finlay Whitespunner ( who became a Clark) and Kate Matilda Whitespunner (who became a Smith). Their brother Henry Mark Whitespunner inherited Milltown from their father Rev B.N. Whitespunner. He had married an heiress Florence Carlisle and in their day Milltown was at it's heyday.  they died without children and on Florence's death, whilst the house went to Henry's brother, most of the contents were inherited by my grandparents.
Smith of Glasshouse,  Clark of Kilballyskea,  Whitespunner of Milltown

Offline Exaltabit

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 18 October 11 23:54 BST (UK) »
I have some Whitespunner portraits.  Attached below is a rather severe looking Rev Benjamin Nicholson White-spunner.  My fathere and my uncle used to use this as a dart board when it hung in the dining room at Milltown.  Fortunately they missed most of the time so the picture is not damaged.

Offline Exaltabit

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 19 October 11 00:05 BST (UK) »
I would love to know more about the origins of Letitia Damer Whitespunner (nee Sandys).  We have been brought up hearing the stories that she is descended from Geo IV and Mrs Fitzherbert, but no real evidence.

Offline jocalico

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 19 October 11 00:37 BST (UK) »
hello there! another cousin, how marvellous!!

I'm sorry..I don't know your first name....

I leave to live in England with my husband and youngest child on Saturday! We will be there until the end of August 2012..where are you located?

We plan on going to see Milltown sometime in the year. So much to share...I am not sure if the moderator of this forum will allow my personal email but you can contact me via 2 ways... Facebook, look for Jo Merrin Damer Beattie  or via my eldest daughter Liz Beattie on her website 

Offline jocalico

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday 19 October 11 00:48 BST (UK) »
also..we have started a blog for our trip and you will find some interesting info on your cousins in Alabama!!

jo

Offline AlabamaW-S

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Thursday 20 October 11 03:53 BST (UK) »
 :)
Hi all,
It has been a long time since I have posted.  It is good to see  a new cousin join..and will be glad to find out more.  I love the portrait of BNW-S.  All of his paintings make him look so austere...I wonder how he and Letitia got together.  Everything I have read on her she was full of song and joy and extremely talented.  his looks could be deceiving..however we heard that he beat his sons...so maybe no...sounds like his portrait being used for a dart board is appropriate.
We had a wonderful time with the Beatties when they came to Alabama for a visit..and Jo and I came up with many clues /coincidences that could connect Letitia to Maria Fitzherbert..or at least to her adopted daughter Minnie who married George Dawson who became Dawson-Damer after an aunt died.  The Damers also lived in the Irish county very close to Miltown......interesting. 

Offline jocalico

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
whitespunner/london/devon
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday 07 December 11 21:40 GMT (UK) »
I have lost your email somehow in the move to the UK...do you still have mine?? We will be in London December 24th until over New year so maybe we might meet..can you email me at the email you have?

Jo Beattie

Offline Matho

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday 06 March 13 02:49 GMT (UK) »
i am new to this site but have discovered the mention of the Spunner family. I am a direct descendant of  John William (b1835) and Susan Spunner  of Cloughjordan, Ireland who migrated to Australia in 1858 after having married earlier that year. I am related through their daughter Susan Elizabeth who married my grandfather. Some where I have found that maybe Ellen Mary White Spunner was John William's sister but of this I have no proof. If it can be established,then what you have by way of ancestral information would be of value to me.
Matho