Author Topic: James Fraser (Fraher) 1816  (Read 2631 times)

Offline RayDen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Fraser (Fraher) 1816
« on: Tuesday 21 July 09 00:32 BST (UK) »
I have recently traced my GG grandparents to Co. Limerick.

James Fraser (or Fraher) married Bridget Hayes on the 3 March 1839 at Galbally & Aherlow, Co. Limerick.   They had a son Patrick who was born 1840 in Limerick (from English census)

The family moved to London around 1840/1841 because Mary Ann was born in 1842 at Westminster, and Bridget was born 1844/45 in Holborn.

Patrick was my G Grandfather and his daughter Mary Jane Fraser (born 1869) was my grandmother.

I had traced my G Grandfather and had the names of James & Bridget Fraser (both born about 1816) from the English 1861 census but nothinh else. After posting a request on the London and Middlesex forum (last week) I identified Mary and Bridget and other family connections though which I was lucky to get in touch with other (unknown to me) family researchers who provided the Hayes connection with the Limerick marriage date.

However it also appears that these very experienced reseachers have been trying to trace the family in Ireland since at least 2001.

Following the unbelieveable success from my posting on the London/Middlesex forum I thought I would post this request on the Irish forum in the hope that someone out there would have the answer or suggest where I should go now.

Regards

Ray
Denham [Hertford & London], Carter [Somerset], Francis, Badger [Pembroke, Glamorgan]