Author Topic: recording digital TV  (Read 2471 times)

Offline Sylviaann

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Isabella Barette
    • View Profile
Re: recording digital TV
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 23 July 09 11:54 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your help.

My son came and has now sorted the video recorder so I can keep recording that way.  I will wait a bit longer until the prices of digital recorders comes down or my Video recorder breaks down.  I'm not due to be "switched off" until 2011.  I can watch one programme and record one other on analogue.  After seeing that 3 programmes I like are all on together tonight perhaps I will change my mind.  I wouldn't mind a recorder with a DVD player so i can get rid of another piece of equipment but I will wait a bit.

I will not pay for Sky.  I already pay for a licence and do not see why I should have to pay for anything else.  I've looked at the programmes available and apart from House I don't see anything else  worth paying for.

Thank you anyway

Sylviaann
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Norfolk: Gooch, Loveday, Lake, Betts
Suffolk: Gooch, Crosby, Turner
Hampshire: Laws, Burrows
Kent: Beer
Jersey: Barette, de Gruchy
East London: Middleton, Gower, O'Farrell, Smith, Weston

Offline mshrmh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 23 July 09 13:48 BST (UK) »
After seeing that 3 programmes I like are all on together tonight perhaps I will change my mind. 

They're like the proverbial buses aren't they! We often find there's nothing to watch for two or three days except the three programmes all on at either 8 or 9pm on one evening

Tip - as you've got a digital TV - some of the stations have a +1 version (eg channel 4+1) which mainly broadcasts the same schedule an hour later; BBC sometimes has an early repeat on the opposite channel or in the small hours with sign language.

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 23 July 09 19:07 BST (UK) »
And don't forget the BBC iplayer which I found a great improvement over the software that was around a year or two ago that you had to register for and download, and seemed a bit hit and miss if you forgot your login details.  On iplayer the programmes are usually around for about a week.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline falcybe

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 07 August 09 21:06 BST (UK) »
Hi, thanks for your replies. I suddenly went on holiday just after posting and arrived home today, hence my silence for the last 2 weeks :-[
I think that I shall hold on to analog for as long as possible.

cheers, falcybe
Hayden Cowan Weir Jowett Barclay Howard Gooch Joiner Rayner Ash Travers Coltman Samuel Falconer Lacey Croton Clarke Robinson Alden Burroughs
Ford Lusty Jones Wice Wise Scorey Rayner Harding Bacon Chambers and lots more
Click on the little house on the left to go to our site