Author Topic: Joshua & Emanuel CHAMBERS - Bow Brickhill  (Read 2010 times)

Offline IAFC

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Joshua & Emanuel CHAMBERS - Bow Brickhill
« on: Tuesday 21 July 09 16:14 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have been trying to look in more detail at my GT. GT. & Gt. G'Fathers siblings, some success, but the above two, born 1835 & 1839 respectively, in Bow Brickhill, just seem to disappear after the 1851, any ideas anyone?

regards

IanC

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
Re: Joshua & Emanuel Chambers, Bow Brickhill
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 21 July 09 22:37 BST (UK) »
I assume you have checked the death index's . ???

Could they have enlisted in one of the services and been posted abroad, or emigrated  ???

I cant find them in 1861  :(

this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline Tieke

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Joshua & Emanuel CHAMBERS - Bow Brickhill
« Reply #2 on: Friday 02 October 09 12:40 BST (UK) »
this  is a long shot as I don't know how far back you have traced the chambers of Bow Brickhill sine this post but I was wondering if you have come across the group of children christened there with only their mother mentioned - elizabeth chambers? The children are sarah, isabella, william, john and fanny, christened between 1810 and 1822.  If so, do have any info AT ALL on their parents?

thanks.

Offline IAFC

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 02 October 09 18:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Tieke

I have come across this family before but have not been able to tie Elizabeth with my family, who just seem to appear in BB in 1807 when my Gt Gt Gt G'Father was born there. Are you in the BB area?, I now live abroad but may be back for a few days later in the year and may get a chance to go to the library where I know there are copies of some early parish registers. I take it you are decended from Elizabeth?

Regards

IanC

Offline Tieke

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 03 October 09 03:14 BST (UK) »
Elizabeth's daughter Sarah was my gr gr gr grandmother. I live overeas too (NZ) so getting to BB is unfortunately highly unlikely for me - anything for chambers in the area that you come across may prove useful in the future even if i can't slot the families together for the moment :-)

Best of luck with your  trip.

Tieke.

Offline IAFC

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 03 October 09 15:54 BST (UK) »
Hi

I will certainly try to get an hour or two at the library, would you like any photos? I know that the village has changed a lot but the Church at least is still pretty much the same as it was way back when.

Regards

Ian Chambers

Offline Tieke

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 03 October 09 23:49 BST (UK) »
souds fantastic, i'll send you a PM with my email address. Thanks.