Author Topic: Ireland  (Read 9038 times)

Offline pinkthistle1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Ireland
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 26 July 09 00:40 BST (UK) »
Probably at the Mitchell too...theyve got everything and the staff are really helpfull too...i loved my day, didnt want to leave and as i live in Spain im glad ive found this and SFT to help me out...i just wish i had got into this when i was still in Glasgow!! Would have beenmuch easier  ::)
Areas: Moneymore, Magherafelt, Donegal, to Glasgow
Names: Moran, Gallagher, Mcgettigan

Offline lemonstaw

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 26 July 09 00:53 BST (UK) »
Probably at the Mitchell too...theyve got everything and the staff are really helpfull too...i loved my day, didnt want to leave and as i live in Spain im glad ive found this and SFT to help me out...i just wish i had got into this when i was still in Glasgow!! Would have beenmuch easier  ::)

My friend thinks im mad doing this, i only started 2 weeks ago and i love it, im not normaly up this late but cant help myself lately its just so additive, im looking forward to going to the Mitchell Library now, they will have to throw me out when its shuting time, with you living in Spain if there is anything i can do for you when im at the library just let me know. Thanks for your help its so appriciated, have you been at your family tree long, people said it can take forever ???

Offline pinkthistle1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 26 July 09 01:03 BST (UK) »
 Ive only been doing this since Christmas but its my Irish ones that have me up late...
:D Do you have a date for James death?
I found this:
Title:     
Forename:  James   
Surname:  Murray   
Alt Surname:     
    Date Of Death:  26/03/1899   
Date Of Grant:  02/10/1899   
Effects:  Effects £162 15s.   
Registry:  Belfast   

Full Abstract:
Administration of the estate of James Murray late of Drinn County Down Farmer who died 26 March 1899 granted at Belfast to Margaret Murray of Drinn the Widow. 

Offline lemonstaw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 26 July 09 01:15 BST (UK) »
Ive only been doing this since Christmas but its my Irish ones that have me up late...
:D Do you have a date for James death?
I found this:
Title:     
Forename:  James   
Alt Surname:     
    Date Of Death:  26/03/1899   
Date Of Grant:  02/10/1899   
Effects:  Effects £162 15s.   

Full Abstract:
Administration of the estate of James Murray late of Drinn County Down Farmer who died 26 March 1899 granted at Belfast to Margaret Murray of Drinn the Widow. 

Blimey, i had nothing at all on my irish ansectors, i didnt even know what part of Ireland they came from, i have nothing to go on apart from that Mary Ann and Daniel came from Ireland to Scotland, is this like a will of some sort ???

Offline pinkthistle1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 26 July 09 01:23 BST (UK) »
its the PRONI Public Records office of Northern Ireland web site, thats where i got my guy from Moneymore...go to
 www.proni.gov.uk its in the wills callendars section, click search will calendar and put your names in ( i found that one on page 3) you might find that some of the others are brothers with any luck. It might be nothing but its a start...hey yours were quite rich considering, my farmer died a year later and only left the widow 10 quid!  ::)
Yours (if its them) would be thousands by todays inflation...im sure someone will work it out for you  ;)

Lets see if Margaret left anything to anyone...what else are sleepless nights for?

Offline pinkthistle1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 26 July 09 01:34 BST (UK) »
There is only this one in the same county but a different district, you would need to search the areas and see how close they were and also more possible children for James and Margaret. Have you tried the IGI site? You can search just putting the parents names in..

Title:     
Forename:  Margaret   
Alt Surname:     
    Date Of Death:  26/09/1904   
Date Of Grant:  02/11/1904   
Effects:  Effects £48 15s.   

Full Abstract:
Probate of the Will of Margaret Murray late of Ravara County Down Widow who died 26 September 1904 granted at Belfast to Bridget Murray and Martha Murray Spinsters and John Murray Farmer 

Offline lemonstaw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 26 July 09 01:36 BST (UK) »
its the PRONI Public Records office of Northern Ireland web site, thats where i got my guy from Moneymore...go to
 www.proni.gov.uk its in the wills callendars section, click search will calendar and put your names in ( i found that one on page 3) you might find that some of the others are brothers with any luck. It might be nothing but its a start...hey yours were quite rich considering, my farmer died a year later and only left the widow 10 quid!  ::)
Yours (if its them) would be thousands by todays inflation...im sure someone will work it out for you  ;)

Lets see if Margaret left anything to anyone...what else are sleepless nights for?

LOL you are soooo funny, ive had a wee quick look, this is another fantastic site, i just need to find out if this is the people im looking for....... imagine leaving a tenner surley the farm must have been worth more than that lol

Offline lemonstaw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 26 July 09 01:40 BST (UK) »
There is only this one in the same county but a different district, you would need to search the areas and see how close they were and also more possible children for James and Margaret. Have you tried the IGI site? You can search just putting the parents names in..

Title:     
Forename:  Margaret   
Alt Surname:     
    Date Of Death:  26/09/1904   
Date Of Grant:  02/11/1904   
Effects:  Effects £48 15s.   

Full Abstract:
Probate of the Will of Margaret Murray late of Ravara County Down Widow who died 26 September 1904 granted at Belfast to Bridget Murray and Martha Murray Spinsters and John Murray Farmer 

Well she spent a fair bit in the 5 years since her mans death  :D :D :D :D

I will try IGI

Offline pinkthistle1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 26 July 09 01:46 BST (UK) »
If you go to the bottom of the home page there is a link that says               See prototype for searching millions of records, once you have the results up you can narrow down the search by place etc

Good luck, i hope they turn out to be yours, i know what its like to be on a roll...then get no further  ;) And good luck at the Mitchell, you will love it...maybe see you on SFT?