Author Topic: Parsons marriage lookup Guernsey  (Read 12592 times)

Offline Sue Greene

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Parsons marriage lookup Guernsey
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 11 May 10 12:42 BST (UK) »
HI there,
On Firday while we were waiting for our new twig on the tree to come into this world I was doing some genealogy. Had to do something to keep my mind of things.
I found the Edward you mentioned. Meant to reply but then everything started to happen with daughter and it was a mad rush to the hospital.
Hence since early Sat, morning I haven't had a chance to do anything else but drive back and forth to the hospital.
Tom and Jess had a girl. Maddison June, born at 12.25am Sat. morning. 7 pound 6oz.
Massive head of blond hair which you could tie in a bow all ready.
She is a purfect little girl.
On a bit of a sad note she developed fluid on the lungs late Sunday night so she has to remain in hospital until Fri. But she is doing really well.
Mum is getting frustrated at having to also stay.
As for grandma. A bit owrn out also.
Cheers
sue

Hi Sue.
It's not you who is confused - it's me. DAH!
I should've said Alfred's NEPHEW - the Edward PARSONS 1869-1933 - son of John Hamilton Parsons & Margaret Lydia Alexander/Alexandre. So sorry about that! I don't know what happened to Alfred's brother Edward {b: 19 Nov 1842}.

BTW: Graham P. has very kindly provided me with additional information on my research into JHP & MLA.

My g-grandfather also came from Guernsey & settled here in Oz. His oldest sister married Henry John PARSONS - son of JHP & MLA. The Edward b: 1869 was Henry's brother, so that is why I am interested in the PARSONS from Guernsey. HJP identified the body of my g-g-grandfather after his ship went down off Cornwall in 1897 on his way back to Guernsey from Swansea.

Again, I am so sorry for the confusion.

Hope all went well with your daughter & Tom's new arrival :)
Warmest regards
Cherlock

Hi there,
I am getting a bit confused, mind you not hard to do for me.
You mention Alfred's borth Edward below.
However the only Edward I have from the census is Edward born about 1842.
The one you mention below would have been born much latter.
I don't have another Alfred either.
I have been working through on the census up to 1901.
Can you let me know where these two tie in.
Cheers
sue

Alfred's brother Edward (1869-1933) also moved over to London & helped build the business of "PARSONS & CO" with Hugh Lauchlan Wright at Covent Garden Market, 27 James St in London, the White Rock Stores in Guernsey and at Candleriggs in Glasgow.

Any information on this side of the family would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Cherlock
Your are quite right in saying that Alfred had a brother named Edward {born: 19 Nov 1842 SPP}

Offline cherlock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 13 May 10 09:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Grandma Sue  :D

Congratulations!
I'm sure everyone on this thread (& many others who are not) send their Best Wishes on the arrival of Maddison June.

I now have a question for you: Do you know of one Michael Parsons who married a lady whose surname was BENNY. This BENNY bride was born around 1925 possibly in Canterbury, New Zealand. Her father was named Joseph Benny (1898-1938) & her mother was Clara Agnes WOODS (1897-1975).

Warm regards
Cherlock

Offline Sue Greene

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 13 May 10 10:09 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your thoughts and congrats. I baby sat yesterday while daughter escaped from hospital for a few hours. I can't wait to do more.

Don't have any info. on a Michael Parsons. I was working on the info. Tom passed onto me which he got from his mother.
Would you like me to follow it up for you.
I can lookup the marriages though it won't tell us anything. Just their full names and the year.
To find out the place and other info. it would mean ordering a copy of the certificate.
I can access some electoral rolls. Also the newspapers but the online ones don't come up that far yet.
If you would like it followed up will see what I can do.
regards
Sue

Offline rparsons70

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 12 October 10 14:47 BST (UK) »
Might be the wrong place to ask but i am also looking for relatives from guernsey all i have to go on is my father Frank Edward Parsons born 02/051930 did get married dont know who to and when had either 4 or 5 children divorced and moved to i think london then birmingham