Author Topic: Photos Wanted  (Read 3548 times)

Offline Nicola

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Photos Wanted
« on: Sunday 26 July 09 14:00 BST (UK) »
Does anyone have any old photos of the Northam or Billing family from yarcombe Devon? I do not have any photos of my Great Grandfather and Great Grandmothers side of the family. They were William Northam and Isabella Billing. I only have a few of my grandfather Edward Northam.
Regards, Nicola
Northam, Billing(s), Trickey, Sprague, Woodbury, Hallett, Pike, Stamp, Hart All Devon Somerset area.
 Hastie, Tait, Clark, Bryson, Edminson, Burgon,  Dickson, Adamson, Hendry, JeffreyAll Berwick area.
Archer, Purdy, Pitts, Grooms, Lomax, Smith, Poulton, Luddington, Daniels, Atkinson all Tottenham area

Offline sarah1981

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Photos Wanted
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 04 April 10 11:44 BST (UK) »
H i Nicola have been trying to find a way of contacting you keep bumping into your name while i have been exploring my family tree believe we may be related.
I have vey sketchy info on my family tree i am Sarah Northam my Dad was Brinley John Northam born 1944
his Dad was Richard James Northam born 1913 i believe his mothers maiden name was Howells and this is as far as i have got on this side of my tree i have my Dads brother and sisters in Genes Reunited and i am matching with your tree my Mum thinks we must have a connection as not many people would have known about Raymond my Dads brother who died from meningitus as a very young child we have a very lovely picture of him at about 9 months old my mum is busy digging out my grandads diaries from the war in the hope that we may get some more info from them please if you get this message i would be very greatfull for any info you could pass this way
regards in anticipation
Sarah Northam

Offline robbo43

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Kathie 1932 - 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 07 April 10 23:07 BST (UK) »
Sarah,
If you make another couple of posts you will be able to send Nicola a personal message (PM).  This may be a better way of contacting her as the topic is quite old.
Robert
FLOOD - Exeter, Middlesex.  DAVEY - Norfolk, Herts, West Ham.  MILLS - Hampshire.  GARLAND - Sussex.  BRIGHT - Hampshire, GULLIVER - Hampshire, Sussex, London.  NOCKELS - Norfolk.  POMEROY - Exeter.  RANDALL - Sussex, Surrey.  REYNOLDS - Cambridgeshire.  BOWYER - Cambridgeshire & Suffolk.  STUPPELL - Kent.  MISSEN - Cambridgeshire.  TAYLOR - Cambridgeshire.  TOWNSEND - London.  CURTIN - London, GIBBONS - Suffolk, BROWN - Suffolk, SWALE(S) - Yorkshire, GAIN - Sussex

Offline sarah1981

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 08 April 10 10:26 BST (UK) »
Thanks Robert totally new to all of this need a few pointers using about 20 different websites each one has so many different ways to do things every time i think i have managed to get hold of Nicola my dreams are dashed i was told that it would be relatively easy to do my english tree but harder to do the Irish side i am living prove that this is not the case.
My Irish tree literally jumped out and kicked me in the face where as the English has me stuck before i have really started.
Sarah

Offline robbo43

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Kathie 1932 - 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 08 April 10 19:48 BST (UK) »
Ok Sarah.  somewhere under each persons name by the side of a post is something that looks like a little green scroll.  Click on that and it will open up a form so that you can send someone a personal message.  If you are trying to contact someone through an old posting then a PM may be better as people don't always check back.  I think Nicola has been on the forum recently so should pick up a personal message notification.  The problem is that you cannot send personal messages until you have made 3 posts on the forum, a sort of security check.  You've now made two posts, so one more and you can send Nicola a PM.

Robert
FLOOD - Exeter, Middlesex.  DAVEY - Norfolk, Herts, West Ham.  MILLS - Hampshire.  GARLAND - Sussex.  BRIGHT - Hampshire, GULLIVER - Hampshire, Sussex, London.  NOCKELS - Norfolk.  POMEROY - Exeter.  RANDALL - Sussex, Surrey.  REYNOLDS - Cambridgeshire.  BOWYER - Cambridgeshire & Suffolk.  STUPPELL - Kent.  MISSEN - Cambridgeshire.  TAYLOR - Cambridgeshire.  TOWNSEND - London.  CURTIN - London, GIBBONS - Suffolk, BROWN - Suffolk, SWALE(S) - Yorkshire, GAIN - Sussex