Author Topic: Grand Theatre Grahamstown 1943  (Read 1636 times)

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Grand Theatre Grahamstown 1943
« on: Sunday 26 July 09 15:00 BST (UK) »
This is a real long shot! I am trying to trace a Sue Kruger whose address in September 1943 was a PO Box in Grahamstown but indicated that she was at the Grand Theatre Grahamstown.

I would guess she was born between 1920 and 1930 as she was corresponding with my uncle and he was in Grahamstown at the 44 Air School, training with the Volunteer RAF as a navigator, from England.
 I am surmising that, in light of her surname, she was quite probably South African by birth but cannot be sure.
If anyone has any ideas at all where I can start with this query, I would be really grateful. sadly my uncle's plane wa shot down in July 1944 and Sue corresponded with my grandmother in September 1944.

I am simply trying to close a few 'gaps' in our family history and would love to find out a bit more. sadly all the family members that could have helped have now passed away and I did not have any of this information until quite recently.

Another line of enquiry would be to possibly find out what her connection was with the Grand Theatre in Sept 1943
All help really appreciated!
Caroline
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)
Wood/Gibbs/Battrick/Fall/Budden-(Dorset)

Offline Danchaslyn

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Grand Theatre Grahamstown 1943
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 July 09 19:33 BST (UK) »

:)

Hello Again Carolineawood

Just read this thread of yours and have replied to you in your Sue Kruger thread.

Grahamstown is packed with historical records, so am sure you will find the answers you are seeking, you could even try the museum.

Cheers

Danchaslyn

:)
MOE,   Norway, Swaziland, and Zululand, South Africa
JORGENSON, Hole, Ringerike, Buskurud, Norway
AITKEN,  Scotland, England, India, Island of St Helena, South Africa
LOBB,  India and London
WALSH,  India and England
SHORT,  Yorkshire, England, Island of St Helena
BATEMAN,  Island of St Helena, U.S.A.
YUILL,  U.S.A.
FIRTH,  Yorkshire, Engand