Author Topic: Edwards, LLanarmon D.C. Denbighshire  (Read 34187 times)

Offline Aldeas

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edwards, LLanarmon D.C. Denbighshire
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 14 August 10 10:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Annun

Thank you so much and well done.  Good luck with your research..I will keep on looking too.

Regards Aldeas

Offline Aldeas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 15 August 10 09:55 BST (UK) »
Hi again Annun

Do you happen to know where Robert Edwards of Megin  was born in 1743 and do you know anything about Tyn y Fedw.  I was told a while ago that Robert had a brother who lived at Tyn y Fedw.  I  posted a note on the Clwyd  Boards but so far had no replies.

Regards Aldeas

Offline annun

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 17 August 10 16:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Aldeas, ill have a look at robert tyn y fedw,i wonder if it was a Richard ?,still haven't found burial yet,but this may compensate, Robert Edwards c1743 married Jane Roberts 1752,the children are... Edward 1768-1865...Elin,1762....Anne,23-may-1760,....Jane,25-aug-1764,Mary..1766...............Edward married Elizabeth Daniel they were married 31-jan-1797 in LLanrhaiadr,Denbighshire....Elizabeth's parents are John1749-1837 and Jane Hughes Ael y Corryn ..., John Hughes is the older brother of, Morris Hughes 1768 -1857 whom married Jane Edwards,..John and Morris are the children of Richard and Catherine Hughes of Sarphle and Pen y bryn,..... Elizabeth's siblings are.......Catherine,1777-1850,.. (1)Edward,..(2)Edward,..Richard,..John,..Jane,..Anne,.1791-1878,........Edward Edwards  and Eizabeth Daniel's children are John 1812-1899 married Margaret Ellis ,..Elizabeth 1796-1800,..Elinor 1799-1807,...(2)Elizabeth,..Jane,..Edward,..Thomos,..Evan,...i hope it makes sense,just ask if u need direction, there is a lot more info,..regards annun

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 17 August 10 16:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Annun  :)

I'm a bit confused with your dates. You say

Robert Edwards c1743 married Jane Roberts 1752,the children are... Edward 1768-1865...Elin,1762....Anne,23-may-1760,....Jane,25-aug-1764,Mary..1766.

I'm assuming that you mean that Jane was born circa 1752. If so then she would be aged  8 (1760) ; 10 (1762) ; 12 (1764) ;  14 (1766); 16 (1768)  when these children were born  ???

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Aldeas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 17 August 10 22:06 BST (UK) »
Hi  Annun :)

I very much appreciate your help but can you check the birth date for  Jane Roberts.  I think it would  be more like 1742 if their first child was born 1760.  I have my gtgt grandfather Edward Edwards b1768 LLanarmon D.C. marrying Elizabeth Daniel in 1797 but have been unable  to trace  her parents  or siblings and  I understand she is not in the baptism records for Llanrhaiadr.  Edward and Elizabeth's son John b1812 was my gtgtgrandfather marrying Margaret Ellis of Dolgelly c1843 and lived with their children at Birkenhead, Cheshire.  I haven't been able to trace Margaret Ellis's  background either.   I am confused when you  say Elizabeth's parents were John Hughes and Jane Edwards. of Sarphle and Ael y Coryn although there is a connection as  Jane is the sister of my gtgtgrandfather Edward. I hope you can make sense of this and once again many thanks. Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards Aldeas

Offline Aldeas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 17 August 10 22:30 BST (UK) »
Hi again Annun :)

I have Mary Daniel  b1787 of Trebrys marrying a Richard Hughes in 1806 in  Llanrraiadr ym Mochnant who maybe a younger sister of my Elizabeth Daniel.  Daniel was not a common surname at that time in Llanrhaiadr.  I found an Elizabeth Daniel born in 1769 to Edward Daniel and Elizabeth Roberts of Wrexham.  On the marriage entry in 1797 for Elizabeth Daniel and Edward Edwards the witness was an Edward Edwards, Sadler.  What do you think?

Regards Aldeas

Offline annun

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 19 August 10 19:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Aldeas,yes i think your right, I went down the same road,to trace Mary Daniel,Elizabeth Daniel is not John and Jane Hughe's daughter,their daughter Elisabeth married Lewis Edwards "tyn twll" Llanarmon,and Elisabeth Daniel marriage 12-8-1797 was in LLanrhaiad Ymochnant .there were cousins of the Hughes in Pen Y Bont,Llanrhaiadr Y Mochnant, You said in the begining you thought it was up in that area,was any of the descendants of Edward and Elisabeth correct.regards annun

Offline Aldeas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 19 August 10 21:00 BST (UK) »
H Annun

I found a Will on National Library of Wales for Edward Daniel of Trebrys, Llanrhaiadr ym Mochnant who died in  1829 which mentions his children Elizabeth, Edward, Robert, Eleanor,William, Mary, Jane, Thomas (1) and (2) and Sarah all born between 1769 and 1800 and I am wondering if this Edward is the father of my Elizabeth 1769 and your Mary 1787 ?

Regards Aldeas :)

Offline annun

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 19 August 10 22:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Aldeas,the 1752 date was conected with Jane,i could see it had nothing to do with her birth nor christening,and because i have found a conection between the spirituality of Robert Edwards Megain, and Richard and Catherine Hughes Sarphle that date may be a clue to something ellse,....The both family's worshiped at the Llanarmon Church,and at that time had an intrest in the Calvinistic movement.The meeting's for the Llanarmon comunity took place under the roof of Robert's home Megen and allso Richard Hughes home Sarphle and later Penybryn,it could be an entry in a family bible,we might find out sorry if i caused confusion regards annun