Author Topic: Edwards, LLanarmon D.C. Denbighshire  (Read 34184 times)

Offline annun

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edwards, LLanarmon D.C. Denbighshire
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 19 August 10 23:21 BST (UK) »
HI Aldeas.John Edwards 1812 -1899,married Margaret Ellis.1815 -1862,It looks like Elisabeth Jane Edwards their daughter 1856-1928 married a mr Smith. regards annun

Offline Aldeas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 21 August 10 14:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Annun :)

Yes, you are right my gtgrandmother was Elizabeth Jane Edwards who married a Thomas Smith of Barton under Needwood, Temple Hall, Leicester in 1881.  Their son, Frederick Thomas Smith is my grandfather and his uncle Frederick John Smith,  Thomas Smith's brother ,was a nurseryman,seedsman and florist  at St Leonard's Hastings, Sussex, and in 1895 made a flower arrangement for Princess Mary Duchess  of Teck .  All the Smith family seemed to have an interest in landscape gardening and both my sister and I seem to have it in our genes too as we are keen gardeners as a hobby !!

The children  of Edward Edwards and Elizabeth Daniel were correct as you gave them as they were taken from the LLanarmon D.C. Parish Records.
I also have a Robert Edwards born 24.6.1798 taken  from  Llanrhaeadr ym Mochant records.  Father farmer of LLanarmon D.C. and Elizabeth.  Robert married an Elizabeth Davis of Lansilin in 1816 and farmed at Ty Coch, LLanarmon D.C.  Do not know if they had any children.

I am still having problems finding where  Robert Edwards farmer of Migin c1743-1778 LLanarmon D.C. and his wife Jane Roberts were  born and also Elizabeth Daniel of Llanrhaeadr ym Mochnant.  Iif anyone has any information  it would be a great help.

Regards Aldeas

Offline annun

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 26 August 10 14:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Aldeas, having trouble with my home computer at the moment,im using facility's at local library presently.I was in the process of tracing Robert Edward's,his parents and where he originated from, he may as Richard Hughes was a tenant farmer of a CORNWALIS WEST,there is a West Arms in Llanarmon D.C,so i take it the West's are titled people,and there could be a chance of Manorial or etate records at Aberystwyth or Hawarden library if you care to check ,my time is limited to 60 mins at the moment. regards Annun.

Offline annun

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 27 August 10 17:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Aldeas, Anne Edwards christening took place on 23-may-1760 at LLANARMON D.C  The address being Tyn y fedw,i allso have a list of buerials for Llanarmon not 100% shure of their relevance,
Robert Edwards died 23-april-1778 at Megen,Elizabeth Edwards died (sic) 2-1-1800 Megen,Elinor Edwards died 6-june-1807 Megen,  Edward & Elizabeth birth of a son Evan 10 -June-1810,Megen,regards annun.

Offline Aldeas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 27 August 10 22:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Annun :)

I have Jane married Morris  Hughes 9.1.1798 Witnesses Thomas Andrew son of Edward and Jane of Ty'nfedw and Thomas Lewis

Ty'n Fedw, Pentre Ucha, Llwythder Ucha and Ael-y-Coryn farms converted into shooting lodges. Just beyond Pentre Ucha is a heap of stones, the ruins of the sixteenth century Crown Hotel.

Thanks for information on Anne Edwards of Tyn Fedw death, Robert's  and Elizabeth's , I notice in the Parish Record that it doesn't say whether this was an infant or an adult.  Do you know anything about this Elizabeth?  Although it says of Megin was she in fact an Edwards as it just gives christian name?.

I looked for the Cornwallis West Estate papers on the National Archives and these will probably be at Aberystwyth.  I live in North Wales  but I am too far away to get access to check.   I have looked in the Wills and found a Bond  relating to Robert Edwards estate in 1778 but it doesn't give any detail other than a mention of Jane his wife.  There is a marriage bond for a Robert Edwards of Llanderfel and Jane Roberts of Derwen in 1763 but don't think this is relevant.

Regards Aldeas

Offline annun

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 29 August 10 16:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Aldeas, the Anne Edwards entry 23-may-1760 Tyn y Fedw is a christening of Robert and Janes daughter,and in 1778 Hugh and Mary Hughes are residing at Tyn y fedw,i found an entry for Jane Edwards 3-7- 1752 death of an infant,im beginning to wonder wether Megen is more than one household and probably a district or collection of houses,Tyn y fedw looks as it was a home farm.i had a look for Robert and Jane's marriage in Llanarmon,Llangadwaladr,Glynceiriog,Llansilin,i found nothing,i will keep looking,regards Annun

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 29 August 10 19:19 BST (UK) »
Hi

Just thought I'd interupt your conversation to let you know what I've  searched through:

Hi again

I've checked the Llangadwaladr and Llanarmon Mynydd Mawr
PRs for a marriage between Robert and Jane but so far I've not found anything.

Other parishes that I'll check are Llansilin, Glynceiriog, Llangollen (this parish was very extensive and bounded Llansilin at it's southern boundary) and Llanrhaiadr YM. There's also a possibility of Llangedwin or even Oswestry.

It will take a while. I don't have full registers for Oswestry but I think that they are on the online IGI.

Gadget

I helped a year ago but I seem to have been ignored - extremely rude of both of you  ::)

It really is always worth reading the thread thoroughly to avoid duplication of effort.

Note that I grew up in the area and have many ancestors there.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Aldeas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 29 August 10 20:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Gadget

I am extremely sorry if I did not acknowledge your posting in 2009.  It was certainly not intended as I realise and appreciate  the time and effort put in by all  searching on my behalf.

Regards Aldeas

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 29 August 10 21:01 BST (UK) »
Thank you Aldeas.

I did spend a considerable amount of time looking as I know how difficult it is to find ancestors with the limited surnames that we all share  :-\

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***