Author Topic: Edwards, LLanarmon D.C. Denbighshire  (Read 34188 times)

Offline Aldeas

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edwards, LLanarmon D.C. Denbighshire
« Reply #9 on: Monday 27 July 09 19:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Aldeas,
Welcome to rootschat :)

I think you may mean Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog.

maidmarion

Sorry maidmarion, I did mean Llanarmon Dyffrynn Ceiriog.

Offline Aldeas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 27 July 09 19:45 BST (UK) »
Welcome from me as well  :)

There is a Llanarmon Dyffryn Clwyd in Denbighshire.

However, if it is L D Ceiriog, I have the parish records.

Gadget

Added - think I was thinking of Llanfair DC  ::)

Sorry Gadget, I did mean Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 27 July 09 20:19 BST (UK) »
Don't worry, Aldeas - I boobed as well  and I was born and bred in Denbighshire ;D

If you'd like me to look up the Llanarmon parish records this weekend, just send me a PM (personal message) on Friday - click on the little green scroll on the left beneath my avatar and send a message  :)

Gadget

PS - the bits around Ruthin are less familiar to me as I only have one line from up there and they moved in from Scotland  ::)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 01 August 09 16:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Aldeas

I'm not having much luck with your Edward Edwards' parents. I have his baptism entry (as Edward Edward)  on the date that you quote as his birthdate ( 17 Jan 18768). However there are no marriages showing.

Re Edward's death ~ Llanarmon DC is in the Corwen RD. Unfortunately there are a few death registrations for an Edward Edward(s) in the 1861-1871 period in Corwen so it might be difficult to find  :-\

I'll see if I can find a marriage for Robert and Jane in neighbouring partishes.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 01 August 09 18:19 BST (UK) »
Hi again

I've checked the Llangadwaladr and Llanarmon Mynydd Mawr PRs for a marriage between Robert and Jane but so far I've not found anything.

Other parishes that I'll check are Llansilin, Glynceiriog, Llangollen (this parish was very extensive and bounded Llansilin at it's southern boundary) and Llanrhaiadr YM. There's also a possibility of Llangedwin or even Oswestry.

It will take a while. I don't have full registers for Oswestry but I think that they are on the online IGI.

Gadget

Offline annun

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 25 July 10 18:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Aldeas,I am a descendant of Morris Hughes the 9th child of Richard and Catherine Hughes of Sarphle and Penybryn,in Llanarmon D.C, Morris Hughes born 25,1,1767 married Jane Edwards,on the 9th of january1798,they are living at megain where their daughter wa born 19th october 1798.have you come across this info previously ?,i will try and see if they do connect,.Kind regards annun..

Offline Aldeas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 25 July 10 21:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Annun,

Thanks for getting in touch.  I do have this information but if you can confirm that  Edward Edwards my gggg grandfather  b1768 farmer of Megain was the brother of Jane Edwards who married Morris Hughes in 1798  that would be great. I believe Edward Edwards married in 1797 an Elizabeth Daniel of Llanrhaiaidr ym Mochnant and not Elizabeth Hughes as mentioned in a previous posting.  I am still trying to trace the dates and place of birth of Edward's parents  Robert Edwards born c1743 and Jane  both of Denbighshire.  If anyone has any information I would be very grateful.

Regards Aldeas

Offline annun

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 26 July 10 19:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Aldeas,your Migin is the correct address,megain is how my family used to pronounce it,"Ok" i know of a Richard Hughes he married a Mary Daniel,his father is john hughes (2nd) child of Richard & Cathine Hughes Sarphle..john's wife is Jane Edwards they lived in Ael y coryn,I will try and find your Edwards connection hopefully in the near future.."Morris Hughes moved to Cocaenog,his daughter Elisabeth married Thomas Hammond Nantur,in 1881 census Henry Hughes clocaenog was living at Migin,il go and see what i can find..regards ANNUN

Offline annun

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 13 August 10 19:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Aldeas,that took a while,but i didn't give up ;D.....Robert Edwards born1743,married to Jane their children at megen are Edward 1768,Anne 1760,Elin,Mary 1778 and JANE Morri's wife,I have seen Edward in the census as being 93 IL try and find out more where they are buried,but we have a little more to go on.regards annun