Author Topic: James Connolly  (Read 47183 times)

Offline michelle delaney

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Connolly
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 23 August 11 15:55 BST (UK) »
ConCon i was looking at ur post and aideen connolly is my nannys mother.. Aideens daughter which is my nanny had 15 children and still living in ireland in kildare.. aged 82 and still alive. She is my nanny and her name is Nora

Offline michelle delaney

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 23 August 11 16:10 BST (UK) »
here is a picture of Aideen Connollys family.. my nanny is the little girl with the ball she is still alive today

Offline ConCon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 05 October 11 21:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Ian,

Sorry it's taken me so long to get in touch.

My uncle asked my Grandad about Thomas and this is what he said;

"He thinks (but as he says himself without any substantiation) that he was rewarded with land in Rhodesia, today's Zimbabwe as were many others who served Britain. All his papers seemed to have been destroyed. His granddaughter (? I’ll have to check that) wrote to Nora looking for support in her bid to get Irish citizenship after Ian Smith unilaterally declared Rhodesia independent of Britain. She probably wrote towards the end of 1965 or early 1970. As far as I know after Nora replied there was no further correspondence."

I'm working on an extended family tree and have been for quite some time. Would you be able to give me the names and dates (and any stories) of your family from John down? I'd be more than happy to share with you what I have discovered so far if you're interested.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Sarah

Offline ConCon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 05 October 11 21:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Michellle,

That photo is fascinating, I will definitely show my Grandad next time I see him.
Do you have anymore information about Aideen and her husband and children? I don't know very much and would really appreciate any information you have.

I'd be more than happy to share with you what I have discovered about the Connollys if you're interested.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Sarah

Offline srey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Thursday 13 October 11 02:49 BST (UK) »
HI Michelle,
I have tried to send a message to this site, but think I may have sent a personal message instead?  I'm a bit rubbish on computers!

Thanks for posting the picture of Aideen - that was great! You can see the likeness to the other Connollys definately!  I thought she had only 4 children (Moira, Zelda, Nora and Hugh) but there are 5 in the picture - do you know who they all are? Also, do you have any other info on them and Aideen and Hugh senior? There are still a lot of blanks to fill in! If you want any info from me I'm happy to oblige - my main interest is in the Reynolds side of the family as I relate back to Lillie Connolly's brother George, but I have a lot of Connolly info also.

Yours hopefully,
Srey

Offline Connolly1

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Sunday 13 January 13 21:43 GMT (UK) »
James Connolly is a great uncle of mine on my dads side Connolly and his grandfather George.

There are lots of us, I live in London and the others in Monaghan, Amargh, and Tyrone.

X

Offline CatCon

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday 27 March 13 21:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,
I've been told, since i'm a kid, that my family is related to James Connolly (Geat Easter Rising) but never were able to prove it! More specifically, he would be my great great uncle.
Hope someone can help me find out if James's brother Thomas had a son named Patrick? Or if Patrick Connolly rings a bell to someone? All I know is that he was married to Kathleen Kennedy and probably, was born around 1890-1900 (I guess) and have lived near Glasgow or Paisley, Scotland). They had 3 sons (1 of them was Vincent, my grandfather).
My brother and I would really like to know if the story is true or legend and/or maybe find out a bit more about our family... ;)
Cheers,
Cat.

Offline winterwonder

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Saturday 20 July 13 08:40 BST (UK) »
been a long while since I was on here, a question that was asked about where aideen was buried and that was at handsworth cemetery in Birmingham, don't know exactly where but can find out

Offline winterwonder

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Saturday 20 July 13 08:45 BST (UK) »
by the way that was a nice photo you sent michelle