Author Topic: Anna Maria BEAVAN  (Read 2424 times)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: ANNIE MARIA BEAVAN - the saga continues
« Reply #9 on: Friday 26 June 09 16:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Julie,
just come home and had a quick look as to where we are up to  ;)

Who is he with in 1911?

heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Face

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 26 June 09 16:58 BST (UK) »
In 1911 he's just with Victoria Maud Wilson (24) Single at home, Dorothy Rosina Wilson (22) Single at home and Beatrice May Wilson (16) Single and at home.  No sign of Rosina - I did have a quick look for her elsewhere but nothing cropped up, haven't investigated death records though.  Will have to do that over the weekend.

They lived at 108 Gresty Road, Crewe, Nantwich

Oh to have a crystal ball...........

Julie

Offline charlotteCH

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy's worth chatting about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 27 June 09 09:27 BST (UK) »
Julie, If you plug on and chip away at this you'll be amazed what bit and pieces of info you come by and how they add up to a picture of what was happening... it won't happen in a hurry but over time, with persistence and effort and help from others, you'll know a fantastic amount. 
 Maybe you'd better consider quitting your day job and concentrate on this :D

Just had another thought- when did he died and have you managed to locate his will?   That would be fascinatting.

charlotte

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 27 June 09 10:06 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone,

His two families though are entirely separate - his youngest with Hannah F being born 1879 and the oldest with Rosina was born 1887 so he could have separated from his Hannah some time before he began his relationship with Rosina.

So, whilst he did have two lives, they weren't parallel so he was perhaps not that bad  ::)

heywood

Offline Face

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 27 June 09 11:54 BST (UK) »
I don't think he was that bad either - anyway, my Nana was so lovely that she couldn't have come from bad stock.......I think it's really great that when he was 59 in 1901 he had a "dolly bird" for a wife, Rosina only 36!! and a young family, Beatrice was only 6.  Also Edgar and his brother Harry were very handsome from their pictures so perhaps they took after John Henry.  Would be interesting to know if he financially supported the family in London or not.

Anyway it's made me smile and yes, Charlotte, I'll keep chipping away in all directions and see what else comes to light.

Thanks for your interest guys - enjoy the sunshine.......

Julie

Offline Face

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Annie Maria Beavan......an up-date
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 30 July 09 20:41 BST (UK) »
For anyone who's interested......I have been contacted by a nephew of Annie Maria, he is the Grandson of her sister Margaret and I am so delighted.  He has some knowledge of Annie but had no idea she had a  baby, namely Phyllis Mabel.  He lives relatively near so I intend to take my file and pictures etc., and pop and see him in the next month or so to hopefully rummage through his papers etc.

Phew.......but still have no idea why Phyllis was given to another family to raise.  Hey Ho will keep trying.

Would love to know if anyone out there is related to George Horace and Ethel Mary Davis and has any letters sent from Annie to them, that may give me a clue.

Until the next installment..........Julie

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Annie Maria Beavan......an up-date
« Reply #15 on: Friday 31 July 09 00:43 BST (UK) »
Hi

This info should have been posted on your Annie Maria Beavan thread for continuity - I will ask the moderator to merge it

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,388936.msg2609151.html#msg2609151
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Annie Maria Beavan......an up-date
« Reply #16 on: Friday 31 July 09 22:00 BST (UK) »
For anyone who's interested......I have been contacted by a nephew of Annie Maria, he is the Grandson of her sister Margaret and I am so delighted.  He has some knowledge of Annie but had no idea she had a  baby, namely Phyllis Mabel.  He lives relatively near so I intend to take my file and pictures etc., and pop and see him in the next month or so to hopefully rummage through his papers etc.

Phew.......but still have no idea why Phyllis was given to another family to raise.  Hey Ho will keep trying.

Would love to know if anyone out there is related to George Horace and Ethel Mary Davis and has any letters sent from Annie to them, that may give me a clue.

Until the next installment..........Julie

thanks Julie, for the update and what a nice development  :D