Author Topic: Brundall parish records  (Read 1386 times)

Offline Laini

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Brundall parish records
« on: Saturday 01 August 09 17:39 BST (UK) »
Hello

Does anyone out there have access to the parish records for Brundall, Norfolk or I believe it may come under Blofield :-\

I am searching for a marriage between James Glasspoole (b.1776) and Anne  ? (b.1786)
I am looking for a maiden name of Anne and whether they were "of this parish" or any birth entries for either of them which would take me to the next cheeky question of who were their parents?

I guess because of the dob the search should begin around 1802.  On 1841 c they are listed as Glassby but it is definately Glasspoole and James' occupation is a brickburner.

Thanks ;)
Elaine
Bunn- Wrexham & Peldon, Essex: Jones: Glasspoole: Edwards: Williamson-Southampton: Sowell- Essex

Offline The Yokel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Brundall parish records
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 01 August 09 21:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Elaine

There is no sign on James Glasspoole's marriage in the Norfolk Marriage Index 1801-1837.
There is a marriage of James Glasby to Ann Bailey on 17 Dec 1814 in Braydeston (which is about a mile from Brundall), it is probaly them you have found on the 1841 census.

regards
Yokel

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 01 August 09 22:58 BST (UK) »
Looking on the IGI for Glasspool in general, there are some 200 entries but several varient spellings.

GLASSPOOL
GLASPOOLE
GLASPEL
GLASPELL
GLASSPOLE

I can only see 1 marriage of a James Glasspole to a Rose Chapman, 4.6.1805 St Stephen, Norwich. an extracted record,   which does not sound likely .

Its possible that they did not legally marry .
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline Laini

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 02 August 09 16:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Yokel

Thanks for that info. I have recently got the will of James Glasspoole and one of the beneficiaries of it is a John Glasspoole aka John Bailey. So that fits. Somehow!

I wonder why he is on the 41c and marriage as Glasby but everywhere else he is Glasspoole. I would definately say they are the same person though.

I think I need to access to the parish record for more info.

Thanks
Elaine
Bunn- Wrexham & Peldon, Essex: Jones: Glasspoole: Edwards: Williamson-Southampton: Sowell- Essex

Offline The Yokel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 03 August 09 21:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Elaine

I see what you mean by the will, James describes John as his natural son
I notice also he has a daughter Elizabeth.

Did James have a sister Elizabeth?
The NMI has an Elizabeth Glasby marrying Joseph Warren 27 Aug 1816 at Braydeston

regards
yokel

Have you seen the probate of Ann Glasspoole 1855 on this site (listed under Esther Moss)
http://www.norfolksources.norfolk.gov.uk/default.aspx

Offline jjames

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 02 September 09 11:37 BST (UK) »
Hello:  Following the information that James Glasspoole married Ann Bailey in 1814, having fathered a child by her (John) in 1813, it poses the question as to who was the mother of his eldest son, William, born in 1807.   As has been pointed out, there is a marriage on IGI of James Glasspoole to Rose Chapman in 1805.   Is this the answer to the question?  Look forward to hearing any responses.    Janet