Author Topic: 1911 Census Ireland- updated  (Read 10167 times)

Offline Dean1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • 9 brig. Royal Fusiliers War Diary (large portion)
    • View Profile
Re: 1911 census
« Reply #9 on: Monday 19 January 09 13:45 GMT (UK) »
Got my husband interested in genealogy now since he viewed the Irish 1911 census this am and found just what he wanted!    I haven't seen the UK 1911 yet but I hope it is as good.   

Sue
ANDERSON (Kings Lynn, Norfolk) BREWER (Somerset) BALDWIN (Catfield, Norfolk) CRONSHAW(Accrington, Lancs) DEAN (Accrington, Lancs) FOSTER, FORSTER (Astbury, Cheshire AND Canada AND U.S.A.) BRIGHT (London) ROWLAND (Essex and Hampshire) SEWARD (Petersfield, Hampshire) BAILEY/ BROWN (Biddulph, Staffordshire)

Offline MickRegan

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
1911 Irish Census - more counties online
« Reply #10 on: Friday 05 June 09 16:06 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

Just an update that the National Archive of Ireland has, in the last few days, added more counties to their online database. They now cover:

Antrim,
Cork,
Donegal,
Down,
Dublin,
Galway,
Kerry,
Kings County (Offaly),
Wexford,

and they hope to include the rest of Ireland over the coming months.

I did a search on my family in Cork a couple of days ago and (brilliantly) found them with no problem.

The archive can be found at http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/

Hope helpful,

Mick

Offline Nairda

• RootsChat Extra
  • its not the critic who counts
    • View Profile
Re: 1911 Census Ireland- updated
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 29 August 09 15:46 BST (UK) »
The National Archives of Ireland have now put all of 1911 Census of Ireland on line for free - searchable by name or location with original household forms available to view.

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/

Additional info on future plans re 1911 Census and also of importance the 1901 census.
By end-September, the site will be re-developing to include full transcription of all of the data on the household forms for 1911, including religion, occupation, relationship to head of family, literacy status, marital status, county or country of origin, Irish language proficiency, specified illnesses and child survival information. 1901 Census material, with all data transcribed, will be launched between late 2009 and early 2010.

All this on-line for Free.
Walker family Tullylish, Co Down and Terryhoogan. Co Armagh.  Conolly family Tullylish.  Bell family Rathfriland, Co Down