Author Topic: John Robert Hope  (Read 2276 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
John Robert Hope
« on: Monday 03 August 09 22:27 BST (UK) »
Hi.

Please could anyone help to trace a marriage for John Robert Hope to Maxine P and any family they may have had.

John Robert Hope was born 1912 Egremont. Cumberland. England. He arrived in the USA with his parents Laura & Joseph Hope in 1914. The family are together in Bisbee. Ward 3. Arizona in 1920. The parents must divorce & John Robert is with neither parents in 1930.

He enlisted in WW2 24th Sept 1943 & was at Klamath Falls. Portland. Oregon. By this time he was married.

John Robert Hope died 12 August 1966 Multnomah. Oregon.  He had spent sometime prior to that in the Veterans Hospital in Portland and was buried at Sunset Park in Lakeview. Oregon.

If anyone could help me find anything about him during these periods I would be more than grateful.

Many Thanks.
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: John Robert Hope of Klamath Oregon
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 04 August 09 11:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Again.

Further to my post above - another small piece of the jig-saw - Maxine Pha Hope died 6 March 1970. Klamath County. Oregon.

Any information on this family who must have lived in that area for quite a while.

Many Thanks.
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Elizabeth Revel

• My email address is not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: John Robert Hope
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 04 August 09 13:08 BST (UK) »

At the following address is a list of estate, (probate), guardianship and name change cases from 1887 to 1982 on file in the 13th Judicial District of Oregon, also known as Klamath County Circuit Court.

http://files.usgwarchives.org/or/klamath/court/cctcaseg.txt

There is a listing for a Robert Hope and also a Maxine P. Hope.

There is an address to request information.

Beth
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Lancashire and Cheshire: Harding, Turner, Gandy, Rigby, Bancroft, Moorcroft, Wright
Wiltshire: Webb, Hayter, Mussell, Curtice, Sheppard
Hampshire: Harper, Rawlings
Ireland: Revels, Qua, Alexander, Clegg
Bucks, Northants, Derby, Leicester and Cheshire: Spokes, Glover, Sturgess, Attewell, Whiting, Lester, Hall

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: John Robert Hope
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 04 August 09 14:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Beth.

Many thanks for your response.  I am in  the UK so it is more difficult trying to get information.
The site you direct me to comes up here as High Risk so makes me a little unsure how to proceed.
However, that piece of information does confirm for me that Robert Hope (the Uncle of John Robert) also born in Egremont. Cumberland in Jan 1887 also died in Klamath, 31 Dec 1962.  I am able to find 2 passenger records for him in 1913 & 1923 also listed as a "person who knows me" on the WW2 Registration Card of Joseph Hope (John Roberts father in 1941/2.
Joseph Hope the father lived at 507 Adam Street. Albany. Alameda. California in 1941/42. After his divorce from Laura Hope he remarried Della Ice (a widow).
Robert Hope the Uncle lived at 1116 University Avenue. Berkeley. California in 1941/42.
Both these brothers worked for Richmond No2 Shipyard in Contra Costa. California.  Obviously Robert moved to Klamath where he died 31 Dec 1962 & Joseph died 7 Dec 1963 Lake. Oregon.

The death of Maxine Pha Hope in 1970 Klamath now shows she was only 18 years old - so was she a daughter ? The name is the same as Johns wife ?

Any further help anyone could give would be amazing.

Best Wishes.
Sandra.