Author Topic: EDWARD LEVER FRENCH  (Read 2056 times)

Offline DDRAIG

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
EDWARD LEVER FRENCH
« on: Wednesday 05 August 09 20:22 BST (UK) »
Can some kind person advise me, I am looking for the death of a Edward Lever French who died sometime after 1946 in Johannasburgh it would be appreciated if someone could me on the right track.

regards
Draig
Bushell Nor/Dev. French Dur/Yks/Glam. Edwards Shrops/Lnd/Glam.  Armytage Ess/ Glam Eves Som/Glam. Owens Glam  Stimpson Rut/Glam. Nash Gls/Mon/  Tucker Gls. Williams Gls. Lever Yks  Leaf Yks

Offline rutti tutti

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: EDWARD LEVER FRENCH
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 06 August 09 04:54 BST (UK) »
Hi there, it appears he died in the transvall in 1952 - you can apply for the death notice - see stickys at the top of the board - and this will give you more details.
Ruth
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DDRAIG

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 06 August 09 09:20 BST (UK) »
Hello Ruth,

your quick response was very much appreciated, you say he died 1952 in the Natal area I have had a look around the top of the list as advised and cannot find any info that would put me on my way to findind how to find a reference or where to apply for a death certificate if you could point me in the right direction I would be pleased.

Regards John
Bushell Nor/Dev. French Dur/Yks/Glam. Edwards Shrops/Lnd/Glam.  Armytage Ess/ Glam Eves Som/Glam. Owens Glam  Stimpson Rut/Glam. Nash Gls/Mon/  Tucker Gls. Williams Gls. Lever Yks  Leaf Yks

Offline rutti tutti

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 06 August 09 14:35 BST (UK) »
The Genealogical Society of South Africa has a "pay to use" service which will enable you to obtain pictures of documents held in the National Archives.

Go to http://www.eggsa.org and select Content --> On Line Shop --> order Archive documents.  Once you have selected the currency, select "Enter the Shop" and then select "Archive photos" (in yellow on the blue band) and follow the instructions.

Ruth
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DDRAIG

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 08 August 09 17:03 BST (UK) »
Hello Ruth,

Many thanks for your advice have tried to no avail I shall give it a miss, once again many thanks for you assistance it was apprecaited.

Regards John