Author Topic: O Brien street waterford  (Read 11368 times)

Offline Patrick Kiely

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: O Brien street waterford
« Reply #18 on: Monday 28 January 19 12:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jim. That's brilliant news! Thank you so much.  Can I ask where that information came from?  As I had just about given up ! Is it possible to obtain copy of the information for my records?  My Grandfather was Patrick Kiely  b1875 and my Gt Grandfather was James Kiely who married Elizabeth Warren in 1866. I am also looking at this period of the family but a lot of  details are before civil records began. Is it possible you  have any information from your previous researching? I am happy to buy copy of relevant  documents / reports if necessary Thank you again. ....Pat Kiely  ( B.1947 Waterford ) ,

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline deburgo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 28 January 19 13:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pat the records are from St Otteran's grave records and Elizabeth died St Patrick's Hospital also called Union Hospital her age is given as 36 which is wrong. I only did Bridget's family for she married Michael Fitzgerald which I was researching for Tom Fitzgerald some years back let me know what families you are looking at. Jim

Offline Patrick Kiely

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 28 January 19 17:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi there Jim, and thank you again. That information almost about completes my research in relation to my Grandfather ( Patrick Kiely B. waterford 1875 ) and his siblings. There was an older brother. . Michael,
B 8/9/1869 who again is believed to have died young, and the only record I can find is a death of Michael Kiely Model lane on 10/10/ 1878. Child of a floor layer, and the informant was Bridget Kiely Model lane.
I have assumed this to be him although the model lane address doesn't seem to fit, and also not too sure who the informant Bridget is ?  She doesn't seem to slot in anywhere.
My Grandfather also had a sister Alice on whom information is scant. She was born in 1871 and would be a sister of Bridget Fitzgerald (Kiely ) on whom you did some previous research for her grandson Patrick Mahony. Alice Kiely, John's lane  married a Thomas Brazil  on 17/06/1889. I believe there were 7 children born up to 1911 with 5 surviving. I believe I have traced them to William st workhouse in 1901 and John's Hill workhouse in 1911. Apart from that, information on the Brazil family is scant. Alice died in 1920 in the workhouse hospital and I believe she actually spent most of her life there with some of her children being born there as well.
Regards   Pat

Offline deburgo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 29 January 19 09:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pat have you Edward Warren & Catherine Dunleavy's family Elizabeth married James Kiely, Sarah married John Gordon and Maryann married Thomas Griffin the Brazil & Alice family their daughter Elizabeth married John King Matthew Brazil married Elizabeth McGrath all these families are here in Waterford now. I will send you a personal massage later Jim

Offline Patrick Kiely

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 29 January 19 10:52 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jim. Many thanks again. I do have Elizabeth Warren who married James Kiely (my Gt. Grandfather ) in 1866. On their marriage cert. Elizabeth Warrens father ( Edward ) is noted to be a "car driver " I was aware of Sarah Warren / John Gordon but not of Maryann/Thomas Griffin. ( I will look into that.)  However I also have a John Warren ( sailor) who married Bridget Fitzpatrick on 22/9/1878. John warren is aged 21 ( B.c.1857 ? ) from Johnstown and his father Edward is a "car driver " I have taken this John Warren to be from the same family, because of the fathers name and profession.  Perhaps I am wrong ?
In relation to Alice Kiely/Thomas Brazil I was aware of their daughter Elizabeth and her marriage to John King. I was not aware of Matthew Brazil / Elizabeth Mcgrath.  I have some other siblings and anecdotal family memories from my cousin Peggy ( Margaret ) Kiely-Hetherington who remembers stories from our grandfather Patrick Kiely, ( a brother of Alice ) It seems there were unfortunate circumstances concerning some members of the Brazil family.   
Anyway.... My next quest is to look at any siblings of my Gt. Grandfather James Kiely ( M. Elizabeth Warren ) and also his father Michael ( my Gt. Gt. Grandfather ) who married Alice Kirby around 1840 ?
This of course is back in time where it gets hard as some records may be pre 1864 civil records, and also some civil records from that period may not contain images ... ?  I understand from an old roots chat post I came across that James Kiely B1847 ?  may have had a brother John ? and also a sister Joanna. ?    Pat Kiely

Offline deburgo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 30 January 19 09:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pat Yes John Kiely son of James did marry Bridget Fitzpatrick and yes it looks like the Brazil children were in care 1901 There are 3 main church's in this city and  yesterday I look up one of their records and will do another one tomorrow and Friday on your family tree and yes I did research for your cousin Pat O'Mahony some years ago Jim   

Offline Patrick Kiely

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 30 January 19 10:33 GMT (UK) »
Ok Jim. You are very good in being so helpful.  It was a record John Warren I came across ( Not John Kiely ) that married Bridget Fitzpatrick. There are births records for them producing 8 children between 1880 -1893 and living in Poleberry/ Ballytruckle area 
I cannot find a marriage record of Maryanne Warren/Thomas Griffin ?
I did come across a possible similarity for Thomas Griffin/ Maryanne Dunne in 1888 ?
Of course I only have access to the online Government ( Irish Genealogy ) records and the early ones of those tend to be just indexes with no images, (so no details ) also I have the 1901/1911 census.
In relation to the Brazil family...I have a Michael Brazil aged 20 in 1911 census. he is shown as present in house no 22 brown's Lane ( part of ) This is the house of the Fitzgerald family in 1911. Michael Brazil and the Fitzgeralds would have been cousins as the both Mothers were sisters. ( Alice Kiely /Thomas Brazil and Mary Bridget Kiely/ Michael Fitzgerald )
I have not been able to find a birth cert for this Michael Brazil ( B.c 1891 ? ) but have assumed him to be a son of Alice Kiely/ Thomas Brazil because of his presence in the Fitzgerald household.? 
He does not appear to be in any care home in either 1901 or 1911 census where his Mother may have been ? but it is possible that he was living permanently with his relations due to circumstances ?
I also understand that it was common practice in those days for a child to be taken on or looked after almost on a permanent basis, by the grandparents ?   
This Michael Brazil may therefore be a brother of the Matthew Brazil you refer to earlier as having married Elizabeth Mc grath. ?
There is a death record for a Matthew Brazil aged 75 in 1966. ( Dominics place ) This would give a birth year of 1891 for this man. .... My Michael Brazil above would have the same approx. birth year ?
Regards.... Pat Kiely

Offline deburgo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 05 February 19 13:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pat I have just finished your families that I researched there are 5 pages in all and yes it was a John Warren married Bridget Fitzpatrick and Thomas Griffin is related and the Matthew Brazil who died Dominic Place 1966 is related the John Warren who married Bridget Fitzpatrick and lived in Ursula's Terrace I could not find any of this family marring but a Edward Warren did marry Anastasia Troy in Ballygunner 1933, he was born 1886, father is a Tailor as was John who was married too Bridget Fitzpatrick so I would say he is the Edward of 1886. Jim