Author Topic: Burial Record Check  (Read 2511 times)

Offline Ewan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Burial Record Check
« on: Thursday 06 August 09 15:47 BST (UK) »
Hello

Does anyone live on the Isle of Man that would be able to look at a parish burial record for me please?

I have looked at the website for the Isle of Man family history society and there is a lot of wonderful records on there, but I am really hoping someone can check the age at burial for me and any other information that there is.

Many thanks

Ewan

Offline Voirrey M

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Burial Record Check
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 06 August 09 17:51 BST (UK) »
Which   parish?

Offline Ewan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 06 August 09 17:57 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the reply.

It is the burial of a William Henry Cox buried November 1910 Marown

Many thanks for any help.

Offline Voirrey M

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 07 August 09 16:04 BST (UK) »
The   iomfhs  transcription  of  burial  records   states---  William   Henry  Cox / Ballagarey  Cottages,Marown  / 77  years/

4th   Nov  1910.   Ballagarey  Farm  was  on  RH   northern  side  of  road  from  Douglas  while  the   new   church  was

on   the  left   some   distance  along  in   Peel   direction.

The   MI 's  book   recorded  in   the  graveyard   by   iomfhs  members   Block 2    D4   has   a  stone   which  records  the

absolute   minimum   of   info. " William   Henry  Cox  died   1st   Nov.1910  aged   77  years"It   is   in   a  row  close  to

the  altar  end  of  church   near   to   a  Celtic   cross  You   could  of  course  apply   for  his   death  cert.

Offline Voirrey M

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 07 August 09 20:31 BST (UK) »
I    was   driving  home  past  Marown  church   &   stopped   as  I   realized  the   Cox  grave  is  near  the  main  road.

The   sandstone  marker  is  tiny   more  like  those  common  in  earlier  centuries---no  room  for  any  more  words

than  those  already  quoted.

Offline Ewan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Burial Record Check (completed with thanks)
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 08 August 09 13:33 BST (UK) »
Thank you voirrey M so much for your time spent looking at a burial record for me and also the MI book.  Also thank you for stopping to look at the grave and telling me about the marker.

I am going to look at ordering the death certificate now to see if that can provide any more clues for me.

Thanks again, much appreciated.
Ewan

I have just received the death certificate from IOM, very quick as well, and the age is the same as mentioned in the burial record.  So that wraps that question up, now for the next one.