Author Topic: LDS Resources  (Read 824 times)

Offline plunquet

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
LDS Resources
« on: Tuesday 11 August 09 00:13 BST (UK) »
Although I've used the online search facility, I'm sure there is more information I could obtain if I knew how it worked.

For example, I'm interested in the records of the Trinity Lutheran Church Reading Berks Pennsylvania. I have found reference to a film of the births and christenings 1751-1767. Do I have to order the film? Or is there anyway of finding the information online. The reference I found is FHL US/CAN 1002430 Item 21.

I'm sure there will be helpful posts somewhere on Rootschat but I'd like to be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks

Hilary

Offline Lady Di

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: LDS Resources
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 11 August 09 06:01 BST (UK) »
Yes Hilary, you need to order the film via a LDS centre near you. They should have a film reader that will allow you to read the actual film - and if you're lucky, they may be able to make a print of the relevant record/s.

Unfortunately what you see on "familysearch" may not be all the available information. Consequently seeing the actual film of the Parish Register will prove that you have the correct information and it hasn't been mistranscribed (as happens occasionally)

Di

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline plunquet

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: LDS Resources
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 11 August 09 06:18 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much for the information. I've never been to the LDS centre but it's fairly close by and open this evening so I'll drop in and order it.