Author Topic: Kelly family Ireland, Liverpool, Chester  (Read 2065 times)

Offline Kelly/Parker

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Kelly family Ireland, Liverpool, Chester
« on: Tuesday 11 August 09 13:35 BST (UK) »
I have been researching my husband's side of the family and have found out quite a bit but as usual with genealogy there are things that are niggling. My husband's G.G. Grandfather was John Kelly who married Mary Colville. When I first started searches I found the Kelly family in Flintshire and they had Mary's sister with them which was a big bonus. I then worked back and found them in Chester under the mispelling of Kelley and knew this was them as I had My husband's G. Grandfather's birth certificate and knew he was born in Charles Street Chester. I then found them in 1861 in Liverpool. I sent for John and Mary's marriage certificate which was 1846 and they were both living in Portland Street, Liverpool at time of marriage. I found the Colville family living in Portland Street in 1851, but cannot find the Kelly or Colville families in 1841. Another thing I found out from the marriage certificate was John's father was Philip down as Manager Cotton Factory, but have not been able to go any further with this. Can anyone come up with anything obvious I have missed or places I have not looked for this. We always thought John was born in Droheda but on 1871 census it says Armagh and also says one of the daughters was born in Dublin whereas on other census she is down as being born in Livepool. Any help of advice on any aspects of this very much appreciated.
Parker - Devon and Surrey, Walden - Northampton, Skinner - Devon, Freer - Hammersmith, Newcombe St. Pancras, Sweeting - Beckenham Kent, Elsey - Surrey, Godsmark - Sussex, Spring - Clapham, Willis - Chelsea, Gellard - Middlesex, Jones - Chelsea