Author Topic: William Harris, George Blurton  (Read 12643 times)

Offline kingsley

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Harris, George Blurton
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 24 February 11 01:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi I've just googled my gg grandfathers name  George Simon Blurton and I saw your post. He was transported  to WA(Fremantle) 4 years after sentencing when he was 18 on the "Minden"  in 1851.He married my gg grandmother Margaret Cross  in 1867 in Fremantle. I am related through their daughter Jane DeGrey Blurton. She was my grandmother's mother on my paternal line.
George Blurton drowned in 1873 he was the owner of a pearling lugger up north.

Are you related?

Send me a post if you want more information.

Online BAC3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 11 November 11 12:26 GMT (UK) »
Hello Kingsley,

I have sent you a Personal Message about George BLURTON (BLERTON) as I have a considerable amount of information for him, both pre- and post-transportation to WA.

My email address has been added to that message.

For now,

Tony Cocks

Offline skjohnson

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 14 November 11 01:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tony,
I shared information with you some years back regarding Samuel carr. I have noticed some information on parkhurst exiles in the Australian Newspapers online www.trove.nla.gov.au "Our Papers from Melbourne are to the 3rd August inclusive. Daunsey, the parkhurst youth, condemed to death for the murder of a shipmate near Melbourne suffered the penalty of the law on the 1st August, strongly protesting his innocence to the last. 26th August 1848"
Regards Steve

Online BAC3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 14 November 11 10:47 GMT (UK) »
Hello Steve,

I hope you are keeping well.

Augustus DAUNCEY was probably one of the most famous cases in 1840's Melbourne, partly because it supported the arguments of the anti-transportation lobby that the "Exiles" could not be reformed, but also the fact that he murdered another Parkhurst Boy, Matthew LUCK, who he had travelled with aboard the "Marion".
Early on in my research I was very fortunate being given transcripts of DAUNCEY's trial and all the arguments surrounding it.

TROVE has been a godsend giving me access to more and more new information about the Parkhurst Boys.   Only problem is having to revisit those I had already completed to update them with new details..............but you never look a gift horse in the mouth!!
I have not re-opened Samuel CARR for with your help his Biography was well documented, though I may be tempted to research TROVE.

Take care

Tony

Offline skjohnson

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 22 November 11 23:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi tony,
I have a bit more information on Samuel carr in Tasmania if its any help. *
Regards
Steve
(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Online BAC3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 28 December 11 20:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi I've just googled my gg grandfathers name  George Simon Blurton and I saw your post. He was transported  to WA(Fremantle) 4 years after sentencing when he was 18 on the "Minden"  in 1851.He married my gg grandmother Margaret Cross  in 1867 in Fremantle. I am related through their daughter Jane DeGrey Blurton. She was my grandmother's mother on my paternal line.
George Blurton drowned in 1873 he was the owner of a pearling lugger up north.

Are you related?

Send me a post if you want more information.

Hello Listers,

I sent this lady a PM about George BLURTON a little while back but, sadly, I have not had a response.  I wonder if anyone knows how she can be contacted.

Any help much appreciated.

BAC3

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 02 April 12 14:55 BST (UK) »
Hi BAC,

we have no way of contacting members, other than replies to postings and PMs, which will result in an e-mail notification (if they haven't switched them off :( ).

You can only wait and hope that she signs on again soon.

regards,
Bob
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline K.macnamara

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 23 March 23 13:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi all Edward Harris is my great great grandfather myrtle harris is my grandmother, im hoping to find more info on this if anyone has some they could share, it would be greatly appreciated