Author Topic: completed  (Read 10109 times)

Offline haleyc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: completed
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 29 August 09 00:49 BST (UK) »
very confusing so was she married twice??? what does (ES) stand for etc

Offline steviewonders

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 31 August 09 11:51 BST (UK) »
Hi haleyc

Have sent you an email

Steve

Offline bryane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
baldry family grantham
« Reply #11 on: Friday 20 May 11 09:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Haleyc,
               millicent baldry was my great grandmother,one of her children was elizabeth(1901) who was my grandmother. Have only found this history recently as i knew very little of my mothers side of the family. Would be pleased to hear from you if this is of any interest to you,
Regards
bry

Offline haleyc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 20 May 11 09:49 BST (UK) »
wow bry thats great i know little of the family to only what i have resdearched what area are you from? is it the same millicent? she was married to fred baldry and is elizabeth known as lizzie on the 1911 census?

Offline bryane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 20 May 11 11:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Haleyc,
               Yes lizzie is the one and the family were residing at 13 stanton street grantham in 1911. On my family tree i have the numbers of the living family numbering 9 people. I have history relating back to a william baldry 1801.
Regards
Bry

Offline haleyc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 20 May 11 11:17 BST (UK) »
oh thats great  i havent researched lizzie yet but im slowly making my way lol do you mean william baldry on freds side i have researched the women so i have millicents mum who is finnette boughton she married twice and her parents are finnette and john boughton living in belton. are you local to lincolnshire? millicent had 12 children alltogether well as far as i ihave found and some died as children and are buried at st wulfrums in grantham in pauperrs graves lizzies sister hilda was my great grandnmother there are still some of the family around my area but i havent yet got in touch where abouts are you from?

Offline bryane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 20 May 11 11:57 BST (UK) »

I was born in sheffield,my mother was monica mary baldry,married to a stanley evers. sadly she died when I was 2 years old. my lack of family history on the baldry side is due to that and the fact i had very little to do with my father after the age of 10. Brought up by my grandfather and step grandmother,there was friction between my father and grandmother and i was given very little info  on my mother. My mother probably said very little about her family, as i have found out there was no fathers name on her birth certificate,not something you broadcast in those days. She was born in grantham workhouse in 1923 after her mother was transferred from nottingham workhouse. After a visit to notts archives i found my grandmother was admitted from his majesty's prison. She had been working as a domestic servant, wish i knew the story of that!
Sorry to prattle on just thought i would give some sort of indicators of the info i would like to be aiming at , you can only hope,

Offline haleyc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 20 May 11 12:09 BST (UK) »
wow you have been busy i havent had the in depth research so far just the place and date of birth but i do know that alot ofthe ladies of our family didnt have fathers nameon the certificates and as they were horse dealers it is said that back then that kinda means gypsy but there is alot of intresting info to be found by the sounds of it. i believe there is a way of finding criminal records of people but i have not yet done this ill try and find out how im sure we would learn more about our family that way!

Offline bryane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 10 January 12 17:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
    genes united have brought out newspaper articles. In the nottingham post I have found an article dated 28th march 1923, which involves my grandmother Elizabeth Baldry whose mother was Millicent Baldry from grantham. Involving Elizabeth taking poison and informing a police officer and being arrested for attempting suicide. which was classed as a crime in those days. During the hearing Millicent was asked if she could take Elizabeth home and her reply was she couldn't as Elizabeth's stepfather would not allow her home. This implies that Millicent must have remarried sometime previous to this. This article informed me of why my grandmother had been in custody and then been admitted to nottingham workhouse and then transferred to grantham workhouse. At the time of the incident she would have been about three months pregnant ,but there wasn't any mention of this at the hearing.