Author Topic: Cardoo family, Ireland  (Read 5121 times)

Offline Gerard_A

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cardoo family, Ireland
« Reply #9 on: Friday 14 August 09 13:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Simone - I'm researching the same Cardoo line. (Also stuck at George & Mary). William re-married (widow Maria Caldwell nee Irvine) 29 July 1903 after Isabella died at home (19 Spittal Row) on 27 Feb 1890.  The branch I'm following is Williams youngest son Alexander born 19 April 1906 who married Janet Fraser. They came to Australia and had a daughter Cardoo (Still living). I'm keen to find out whether you have any additional information & would be happy to provide the info I have. 
Regards
Gerard.

Offline emmarobertson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 14 August 09 14:24 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I'm not sure if any of this will be relavant to your search.

My great grandfather was William Robert Cardow married to Agnes Buist 1905, they had 6 children
Janet 1908 - William b. 1910 - John b. 1913-1992(my grandfather) - Jessica b. 1915 - Ester b. 1917 - David b. 1923 (David is still alive)
William Robert Cardow had the following siblings; brother Robert (children Robert and Edith), sisiter Jean (who married Jim Sloan) and brother David.

My great uncle David has his mother and fathers birth certificates, so I get more information next week on them.

All the above were born in Rutherglen, where both myself, my mum (a former Cardow) and my great uncle David still live.

Not sure if we will be related as my mum had a boy in her primary school class who was a Cardoo (John she thinks), lived in Rutherglen, but was not realated in anyway to her.

Hope this helps, get in touch if you want more information.

Emma

Offline scardoo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 17 August 09 01:20 BST (UK) »
thanks to everyone who replied william cardoo is my great granda and his second wife maria my great grandmother alexander had a younger brother and sister susan born 1908 and william born 1912 william is my grandad we all thought that alexander went to south africa not austrailia but have never managed to trace him looking in wrong place my uncle was named after alexander and is realy interested in any information on him and his family as my grandad always said he was his favourite brother he also had an older sister called agnes born 1904 i know alexanders dad died in july 1912 if the person who is looking into the same line as me could please contact me i would love to find out what u know about alexander thanks again to everyone for all your help
simone cardoo

Offline Gerard_A

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 17 August 09 12:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Simone - can't work out how to send email through this site .......just email me at: (*)
Regards Gerard.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline scardoo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 17 August 09 13:05 BST (UK) »
gerard could u please pm your email address the modeator has removed it from the board thanks