Author Topic: My ROWLEY Brickwall  (Read 3607 times)

Offline BrissieGal

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: my rowley brickwall
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 18 August 09 00:21 BST (UK) »
Hi. Thankyou all for your replys. No wonder I couldn't find them I wouldn't have thought of looking for them under Cooper or Cowley. I have had a look in the cencus records and I think you are all on the right track as the names and dates seem to fit. My Grandmother wrote a story about the family which has really thrown me off. According to her Richard was the youngest of about 8 children and when he was a baby his Father 'William'???? left to come to Australia. When he settled Mum 'Adeline'????? and the children were surpose to follow, which didn't happen. I am now thinking his father, who seems to be a Richard was possibly a convict and a story was told to cover this all up. On Richards and Elizabeth marriage cert. he gives his father as Richard. Not William. Very confusing.  I couldn't find a marriage for a William and Adeline anywhere so I was thinking there was something very wrong. Wow.
His age seem to change a lot too. I recon David is on the right track with the one born on the 5th April. 1839. I wonder what happened to Sarah?
Thanks everyone. This is wonderful. Chris.

Offline gregglesg

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: My ROWLEY Brickwall
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 15 August 21 01:30 BST (UK) »
Brissiegal , I am also a great grandchild of Herbert Martin Church and Alice Maud Rowley. I am the oldest grandson of Les. I remember Alice from Manly and  Mona Vale . I would be interested in communicating with you about the family.  I believe you may have more information than. I have good line’s of communication with my many cousins supplying them with family photos and stories, including the Bob Hope story. Your sincerely . gregglesg