Author Topic: Colour Please - Steam Locomotive Wildebeeste  (Read 31266 times)

Offline bodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • bodger sen. jun.
    • View Profile
Re: Colour Please - Steam Locomotive Wildebeeste
« Reply #117 on: Monday 14 September 09 22:14 BST (UK) »
not wishing to steal a thread, but i posted a b&w pic of ebor an old tank engine hoping someone could tell me if it was possible to have him coloured, but i only received one reply so i will post him again, if my memory is ok, mainly dark green, red lines, with gold lettering
                                        Thank You Bodge
Attenborough, Bacon,Melbourne, Thorpe, Ride,Simpson/ Derbyshire, Judson,Bacon,/Keighley,
Lockett/ Manchester, Harling/ Lancaster & Manchester

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: Tuesday 15 September 09 13:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Bodge....This photo will get buried as people who have already viewed the thread will miss it :-\...that's maybe why it got overlooked...I would start a new thread for "Ebor The Engine" 8) ..so he gets his own special attention ;)
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: Tuesday 15 September 09 13:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Bodger/Carol

I was waiting on one of the train gurus to confirm Bodger's colours, but will start it as I can always change it.

Caz

PS To the untrained eye it looks very similar to my little engine  :)
Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday 15 September 09 17:34 BST (UK) »
It looks similar because there were and are constraints on locomotive design, whether steam, diesel or electric. First engines designed for the same purpose, in this case  light duty shunting are going to be similar in size, weight and wheel arrangement. There are also clearance constraints to be considered (Known as loading guage in the trade) ,the dimensions of all vehicles using the railway must be such that they will clear all obstacles, bridges, platform edges tunnels etc. etc. If engines were bought off the shelf from a builder then they would be virtually the same, the only differences being in colour and style of livery.Engines by the same designer would have a "family resemblance", as would engines belonging to the same railway company.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: Thursday 17 September 09 14:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Bodger

Hope this is okay.

Regards
Caz
Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: Friday 18 September 09 18:14 BST (UK) »
Caz, Don't know the engine, but that looks fine to me.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: Saturday 19 September 09 10:08 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that Roger.   :)

I believe Bodger has sent it to the chap that used work with the engine to check that it's okay.

Regards
Caroline

Offline tabsearch

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William Whitfield Longley 1894 - 1972
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday 22 September 09 13:46 BST (UK) »
Just back from hol this morning and was amazed to see the fantastic colour version of the Wildebeeste submitted by Poll. (Thank's Poll for also sending me a larger version.). This must have taken you ages to do and I really appreciate the time, effort and hard work that has gone into it. You have done it proud.

This thread has certainly picked up a bit of steam along the way which has taken it in a few different directions and made it all the more interesting.   - I  would like to thank everyone again for their contributions.

Many thanks

David
Please feel free to colour or improve for the benefit of the poster but an acknowledgement would be appreciated

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Counting my Blessings...not the years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: Tuesday 22 September 09 14:01 BST (UK) »
You're welcome David ...and thank you for pemitting me to send the larger version to some of the rootschstters who requested it ...  Hope you enjoyed the  holiday too .. ;)
Poll
Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople